New Logo Competition - 1000 Credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPI007

Reaction score
:cool:
:hyper:I am starting a logo competition for my website, GuerrillaArmy.com!:grouphug:
:drool:
Before I start just want to say this idea was from DeadBattery so I giving all credits to him. I thought it was fun so I'm starting my own, with his consent of course.
:lol:
That being said...:eek4:
I just launched my clansite and am looking for a great logo to use. One that is eye catching and will get people's attention. I've setup the theme for my site and you guys can create based on that platform.
:dunno:
The one I have now needs to be changed.:dancingwt
It should be somewhat related to the site and a guerrilla will be considered.

Keep in mind in this case Guerrilla Army doesn't mean an animal.
:stupid:
Means a style of warfare. :)
I am offering 1000 credits to whoever's:eek:wned: I think looks best. And will cut you a FREE decal (sticker) based on that logo.
:lockd:
This competition will end in 2 weeks. (August 14th):weaksauce
:lupie:
:thefinger
:fingersx::eek:hnoes:May the best win! :eek:p::fawkdance:bash::spank::sleep2:

:rant2:

www.GuerrillaArmy.com
:naughty:

rockee

Reaction score
Hello,
I see at this point in time you only have 878 credits - will your offer of 1000 credits be a problem for you?

Regards,
Rocky

TPI007

Reaction score
Hello,
I see at this point in time you only have 878 credits - will your offer of 1000 credits be a problem for you?

Regards,
Rocky

that won't be a problem at all my friend. the contest ENDS 2 weeks from now. and i just paid off hundred of credits to people today, that is why you see a shortage. however, by the time comes, i assure you i will have more than enough credits. so go ahead and just start creating your logo. It won't be a problem at all.

Last edited:

TPI007

Reaction score
Hello,

Regards,
Rocky

you asked that already, are you a robot? i really like your designs, hope to see your work.

BTW,
as of now, i have 905 credits. by then i'll have more than enough.
Edit:
you asked that already, are you a robot? i really like your designs, hope to see your work.

BTW,
as of now, i have 905 credits. by then i'll have more than enough.

during the time of the contest. I will host the best one i like so far on my website and poll for votes. so start creating your logo now!

You will get a chance to own a sticker design of your logo if you are the winner.

Last edited:

intertec

Reaction score
This is my entry!

Attachments

• Untitled-3 copy.gif
    Untitled-3 copy.gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 39

TPI007

Reaction score
This is my entry!
nice work.

The title is sort of off. thats kind of like the subtitle. The main title is Guerrilla Army, not Art of Gaming. Please get that cleared everyone.
a bit off from what i'm looking for. i will add it to the websites gallery, each and every one of yours.

i like the font. the graphics is a little WW2 ish. I'm looking for more Jungle ish theme. Hence "Guerrilla Army". HINT HINT.

Last edited:

rockee

Reaction score
TPI107 said:
...I'm looking for more Jungle ish theme. Hence "Guerrilla Army". HINT HINT.

LOGO DESIGN RESEARCH
For those graphic designers who may be slightly confused about the subject matter of this competition's logo design and the comments of the OP relating to the desired design features, I would like to point out the differences between Guerrilla and the anthropoid ape Gorilla - as you can see they sound the same but are, in reality, completely different.

GUERRILLA
A. noun.
1. A person taking part in an irregular war waged by small bands operating independently against a stronger more organized force, with surprise attacks etc. - urban guerrilla.

2. A war waged by guerrillas. Now rare.

B. adjective.
1. Of fighting - carried on by small irregular bands.

2. Of a person - taking part in such fighting.

GORILLA
1. A large powerful anthropoid ape, Gorilla or gorilla, inhabiting forest in parts of central Africa.

2. A person resembling a gorilla in appearance - colloquial: a heavily built thug.

GUERRILLA WARFARE (Urban Fighting)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

Wikipedia said:
Guerrilla warfare is the unconventional warfare and combat with which a small group of combatants use mobile tactics (ambushes, raids, etc.) to combat a larger and less mobile formal army.

GORILLA WARFARE (Gorillas Fighting - so sad)
http://images.google.com/images?q=gorilla+fight

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Gorilla-Fight-id-303466.php

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1156295418/Huge_Gorillas_Fight_at_the_Zoo

http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=A2AD591E44DE11DC94E8000423CF381C

MY OPINION
BTW and FWIW - I am a pacifist and so could not condone warfare in any of it's forms and, in particular, computer war games - and in reality, war is neither fun nor a game, it is usually very serious with deadly consequences.

Regards,
Rocky

TPI007

Reaction score
LOGO DESIGN RESEARCH
For those graphic designers who may be slightly confused about the subject matter of this competition's logo design and the comments of the OP relating to the desired design features, I would like to point out the differences between Guerrilla and the anthropoid ape Gorilla - as you can see they sound the same but are, in reality, completely different.

GUERRILLA
A. noun.
1. A person taking part in an irregular war waged by small bands operating independently against a stronger more organized force, with surprise attacks etc. - urban guerrilla.

2. A war waged by guerrillas. Now rare.

B. adjective.
1. Of fighting - carried on by small irregular bands.

2. Of a person - taking part in such fighting.

GORILLA
1. A large powerful anthropoid ape, Gorilla or gorilla, inhabiting forest in parts of central Africa.

2. A person resembling a gorilla in appearance - colloquial: a heavily built thug.

GUERRILLA WARFARE (Urban Fighting)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

GORILLA WARFARE (Gorillas Fighting - so sad)
http://images.google.com/images?q=gorilla+fight

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Gorilla-Fight-id-303466.php

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1156295418/Huge_Gorillas_Fight_at_the_Zoo

http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=A2AD591E44DE11DC94E8000423CF381C

MY OPINION
BTW and FWIW - I am a pacifist and so could not condone warfare in any of it's forms and, in particular, computer war games - and in reality, war is neither fun nor a game, it is usually very serious with deadly consequences.

Regards,
Rocky

i take it you're out of the contest?

withambition

Reaction score
I think he meant jungle as in camouflage colors, not necessarily vines and trees jungle..

TPI007

Reaction score
Remember folks...

In additional to winning the 1000 credits. you will be receiving a sticker of your final result.

This Free decals/stickers offer is applied to ALL participants.

Providing they have submitted their logo design and a shipping address to receive the decals/sticker.

Contact me if you have questions. Thanks.

TPI007

Reaction score
UPDATE:

your creation will be host on my site reviewed, graded and critiqued.

kirtik

Reaction score
LOGO DESIGN RESEARCH...
I'm just going to point out that if someone didn't know what guerilla was, then they wouldn't know how to say it, and thusly wouldn't establish the link wih gorillas. ;D

Anyway, what size do you want the logo to be? (@TPl007)

Last edited:

TPI007

Reaction score
I'm just going to point out that if someone didn't know what guerilla was, then they wouldn't know how to say it, and thusly wouldn't establish the link wih gorillas. ;D

Anyway, what size do you want the logo to be? (@TPl007)

please make image PNG so it will be scable. It will be used in many different sizes.

kirtik

Reaction score
please make image PNG so it will be scable. It will be used in many different sizes.
Umm ok...

I did two different ones... as far as I can gather your site is related to crysis...

guerillaarmy2.png

guerillaarmy1.png

that right?

TPI007

Reaction score
Umm ok...

I did two different ones... as far as I can gather your site is related to crysis...

guerillaarmy2.png

guerillaarmy1.png

that right?

very good! you can edit any time you wish. good luck!
I like the Crysis avatar, however, just to let you know that my clan is not bound just to the game Crysis. It revolves around many different games. Consider my clan a universal clan in games, this is dependant based on members choices.

Your image will be hosted for reviews and votes.

You want to try one with an ARMY font?

The first font looks like its from Metal Gear?

Over all you did a really nice job.

Hope to see more of others soon. If you do not have any one to compete with then the contest will be reset.

P.S.

Although you can spell it that way.
We spell it different. We spell it out with 2 R's. Please check your design again. thanks.

It's with 2 Rs not one.

Last edited:

kirtik

Reaction score
The first font looks like its from Metal Gear?
That's because it is ;D
P.S.

Although you can spell it that way.
We spell it different. We spell it out with 2 R's. Please check your design again. thanks.

It's with 2 Rs not one.
Ooops typo... will fix later ^__^

TPI007

Reaction score
Contest is ending without a winner due to lack of participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.