New member ..... Premium?

fjinsa01

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am new here and, after a one month of use, I am thinking about becoming a premium user because I only have 500mg. Do you recommend me to become a premium user? I am a teacher and only need moodle and Wordpress.

Thanks!

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That would probably be a good idea, and not so much because of the extra disk space. Free Hosting accounts are only restricted when they're new; you can request that the space restrictions be lifted if you're using more than half of the allowed space, your account is in compliance with the Terms of Service, and is more than 7 days old.

The reason I'd recommend going to a Premium account is because you actually need your site. One of the main drawbacks to a Free Hosting account is that you are sharing a server with thousands of other accounts, and not all of those other users are well-behaved or know what they're doing. So the server is doing a lot of work, and a lot of what it's doing is needlessly taking up processor time and memory. That can lead to frequent request time-outs and server glitches, meaning that you can't actually rely on your site working when it needs to. Throw into the mix the fact that you're using a couple of pieces of software that are, um, a bit on the portly side and could stand a little extra memory (RAM) space and processing power, and moving to Premium is almost a no-brainer (provided, of course, that it's not a hardship).

On a Premium server, your site will be there reliably and it will be many times faster than it can be on Free Hosting. (There's a 99.9% up-time guarantee.) You will be sharing a server with far fewer other accounts, and you will have access to more RAM memory and CPU. And because it's not free, there won't be nearly so many people "just trying stuff" that interferes with their fellow users.

fjinsa01

Reaction score
Thanks very much essellar. I am very new about this hosting stuff so I have a doubt. I am using now a free subdomain XXXX.x10.mx and with the 3 years premium promotion they offer me a free domain XXXX.com my question is, this domain will be free of charge for the 3 years or only for the first year? Maybe it is a stupid question but as I say would be my first domain and I want to sure about what I am paying for.

Thanks in advance!

PS: maybe this thread is not the right place to ask that.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks very much essellar. I am very new about this hosting stuff so I have a doubt. I am using now a free subdomain XXXX.x10.mx and with the 3 years premium promotion they offer me a free domain XXXX.com my question is, this domain will be free of charge for the 3 years or only for the first year? Maybe it is a stupid question but as I say would be my first domain and I want to sure about what I am paying for.

Thanks in advance!

PS: maybe this thread is not the right place to ask that.

The domain is free of charge as long as you remain on that payment cycle.

If you decide to change to a payment plan that doesn't include the free domain, then you would be charged the regular annual fees for a domain.