New PHP/JS Hybrid Game

souradipm

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been working on a small php/javascript hybrid game. You do NOT need any external programs (like adobe flash, ms silverlight, etc) apart from a reasonably good web browser, one which supports javascript at least.

The graphics are crap, I know, but the underlying engine is what I have been more focussed on.

Please give your comments on it here, and how I could improve it. Please just drop a note if it works on your browser well.

LINK :: http://www.fivepointsoft.co.cc/rpg/rpg.php

FEATURES:

• Click-to-move
  • NPCs
  • Basic Combat system
  • Dynamic - uses as few page refreshes possible
  • Basic saving system
  • More to come!

Thanks,
souradipm

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Nothing much to say. The graphics are crap indeed XD
I'd say you just have to keep working, as there's not much to comment on currently.

You engage in battle with the deer!
You have 10HP.
The deer has 5 HP.
You hit the deer with sword for 10HP damage.
The deer hits you with charge for 3 HP damage
Should the deer be able to attack me after I have dealt it enough damage to kill it? That's maybe something you should think about.

Just keep it up!

souradipm

Reaction score
Meh... Just to make it fair, I let both parties attack then check if the enemy is dead. If both die, the enemy is reported to die first, then when attempting to go back to the map, it tells the user that he is dead. The combat system is quite basic so far, and I will make it a bit more advanced soon...

Also glad that the game works on your browser! It works on my Firefox 3and IE7, and IE5.5 (when I was on holiday I tried it on a computer there) but I'm not too sure about any other browser.

Thanks for testing the game, and don't forget - if you find any bugs, please tell me so I can fix them!

Thanks for the comments and I will keep developing it,
souradipm

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
There's not much there so not much to review. It's got a lot of promise. Perhaps you can look into someway to stop the all the images re-loading when the map changes? It looks a little weird watching the grid populate.