New portfolio website

marrod

Reaction score
Heeeeeey there,

i'm new. made a website. check it out. say it's alright.

http://www.mrodrigues.x10hosting.com/Introdution.html

but to expand a little, i'm a graphic design student looking for work experience and needed to make an online portfolio for show...buuuuut i dont really like web design and i work reallllllly slowly, theres a whole bunch of improvements i could make like somethings are bit big and the pictures could be optimized some more for faster uploading but....

I really cant be bothered anymore.

but still if you have any comments about the work...or the actual site itself, do tell!

miguelkp

Reaction score
Hum... I would say it's nice but it has a problem: resolutions. It's designed for 1280 px width or higher. Someone with 1024 px would broke his finger moving the horizontal scrollbar all day :D

marrod

Reaction score
they say......that people dont like to scroll.

well i'm counting on all the good design companies ( whichi'm contacting) having good computers with wide screens.

plus the website's made up of just images which makes it slower

...plus i've just noticed i've made a spelling mistake,

grrr

i hate computers

xvalnar

Reaction score
well i whould suggest maybe using 1 theme for all pages and not for every page a diffrent 1.
Also you could better call the instruction.html into index.html to avoid getting guess the file index when calling just your domain

Last edited:

Awesomexr

Reaction score
The images for the navigation at the top are bad quality, makes it look worse, so change those images to better quality ones (png instead of jpg).

Also your website titles aren't informative enough, it shouldn't just be "Introduction", make it something like "YourName's Site Portfolio". Then make the posters page "YourName's Site Portfolio - Posters", not only does this look better, it is also search engine friendly - meaning it will be easier for search engine to index.

I love your photos and sketches though, nice work!

Last edited: