New Server Update

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
New server is online and working; I'm currently setting everything up. Hopefully we'll have it ready for accounts in a day or two.

-Corey

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Mind-Designers said:
sounds kool Corey.

what are the new sever dowing?

if i may ask:)

The new server will help with new accounts. Read through News & Announcements regarding the purchase of a new server and what it is intended for.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Great Corey!
Hope it's running soon :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
sweet this should help out a lot.

mattyranks

Reaction score
once the load of new accounts is spread out everything will be really good with minimal downtime :)

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
mattyranks said:
once the load of new accounts is spread out everything will be really good with minimal downtime :)

yes most prob should be fixed as well as people stop running bad scripts/spamming we will be fine.

dest581

Reaction score
Sounds like great news.

It'll be good having the load spread.

swirly

Reaction score
are you also getting a server for members that have been here for a while? like you said in another thread?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
swirly said:
are you also getting a server for members that have been here for a while? like you said in another thread?

We're not getting a new server JUST for members who have stayed. The plan is that one server will have the free accounts of all sustained (members who have been here awhile and are trustworthy-ish) members; another server will have the free accounts of newbies and/or common abusers of our hosting. Last but not least is the paid server

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Spartan Erik said:
We're not getting a new server JUST for members who have stayed. The plan is that one server will have the free accounts of all sustained (members who have been here awhile and are trustworthy-ish) members; another server will have the free accounts of newbies and/or common abusers of our hosting. Last but not least is the paid server

i thought it was

• Free Newbie / Abuser Server 1
  • Free Newbie / Abuser Server 2
  • Sustained Member Server
  • Paid Server
or did he change it

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
blong4life said:
i thought it was

• Free Newbie / Abuser Server 1
  • Free Newbie / Abuser Server 2
  • Sustained Member Server
  • Paid Server
or did he change it

I thought Corety Stated that before also.

Also how do you know if your account is trustworthyish one?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well i am asuming here that its still like that and i would assume its going t o be something like older accounts from people who have been here a while and have followed the TOS and have a clean record will be the first to be moved.

Chris Z

Reaction score
also, maybe after the worthy/clean one's who have not been suspended once, then maybe the one's who have been suspended once and had a clean slate thereafter

[offtopic]when i started hosting here, i was a total n00b and had illegal files in my account, then i haven't been suspended after that (or not that any time i can think of), but I'd say i'm quite a faithful/worthy member now :)

edit-also i'm sure that Corey will post a list of guidelines (for those who want to be on the Sustained server and need to know how to do better) so just wait for that ;)

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
@ Chris Z: You won't have to worry about this. You should be moved soon. :)

mattyranks

Reaction score
I believe that will be happening if x10 meets it goals and generates enough money to pay for it

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
mattyranks said:
I believe that will be happening if x10 meets it goals and generates enough money to pay for it

we did meet our goal...but if we continue there will just be more benifits.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Everyone, we're getting annoyed with all of the spamming and speculation around here. Please try to keep posts on topic and only post if it's required or you have in important threads such as this one.

To summarize a few things up: There will be 3 total free hosting server running within a month, roughly. 2 of the servers will be 'normal servers', used for day to day account creations and general hosting. The third free hosting server will have specific accounts moved to it manually, once certain accounts meet the 'general requirements.' We are not sure what will be required for this yet, but you guys will know when that time comes.

All of this has been posted before; with a minimal amount of searching it's all easily found.

If you have a valid question, feel free to post. However if you do not, please save it for other threads, so this important one, (And others), do not get filled with irrelevant posts, like this one is beginning to.

Last edited: