New sign-up system

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Sign-ups will be working a little differently now. Every night at midnight CST the server will automatically pick a random number of accounts that signed up that day and activate them. The rest of the applications will be deleted.

You might have to sign-up multiple days until you get in. Currently this is how we are going to regulate sign-ups while leaving it open 24/7. So, in short. Keep trying and you'll eventually get hosting. ;)

-Corey

moose

Reaction score
I guess that'll give all the staff a little more free time. But how random is the server gonna be when it chooses who's in a who's not?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean how random? It's random... =p

-Corey

Nuno_Aba

Reaction score
Corey, I got a question.
What if I applied more than once to improve my odds of getting picked.
Is that ok or possible?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't suggest it ;) This new system will start at midnight tomorrow and you'll only beable to sign-up once per IP.

-Corey

moose

Reaction score
So it's completely random? Hahah, nice. And smart to have only one sign up per IP.:bigok:

M

minievan

I thought you did that before :eek:
Its a Great idea. That way you wont get lagged full of accounts waiting to be activated. So if you want a new account, You'r gonna' have to work for it!!!

Moose, Im loving teh Blue bar banner at the bottom :D

--Evan

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like it, It's a great idea, Good job!

It will keep the servers goig smooth, There won't be the 200-300 signs ups a day like befor an slow everything down.

I think it's great, it's going to keep everything in order.

Last edited:

moose

Reaction score
minievan said:
Moose, Im loving teh Blue bar banner at the bottom :D

[OFFTOPIC]
Thanks
bigok.gif
naughty.gif

I could make one that says Evan or Minievan on it if you want
kdubb.gif

[/OFFTOPIC]

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
fen0004 said:
i hate this idea
This all you have to say? If this is all your going to post don't post at all unless your going to explain why you hate this idea.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Didn't know about this, great idea Corey.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
moose said:
I guess that'll give all the staff a little more free time. But how random is the server gonna be when it chooses who's in a who's not?

It uses array_rand() to pull a random account ID from an array containing an ID pertaining to each seperate pending account. Each random key is then used to create the accounts.

Understand now?

PHP:
	   $this->totalPending = count($pendingArray);
	   $i = 1;

while($i <= $this->accountsToAdd) {
	      $accountAddRand = array_rand($this->pendingArray);

if (in_array($this->pendingArray[$accountAddRand], $this->createArray) == false) {
	         $this->createArray[] = $this->pendingArray[$accountAddRand];
	         $i++;
	      }
	   }

Last edited:

AllStarGamer101

Reaction score
A very good idea. So the people that really want the hosting will have to try a little harder.... But it is worth it.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Corey said:
What do you mean how random? It's random... =p

-Corey

Lol, we all know that nothing (currently) on a computer is truely random, I read this somewhere when I used to program and (random) is generated by a computer using a highly-sophisticated math compilation of a number under 1 and above 0 multiplied by another number. :)

mattspec

Reaction score
no, trust me its random, that was probably a nubby vb prog, but in any case, i have a question, if you are not selected by the server, does it still count as your sign up?

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Once you sign up once, and it does not get created, the sign up "application" is deleted so it does not exist anymore. That allows you to sign up again.