New sign-up system

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
this is a great system for people who wants to have a place in x10hosting excellent services and management.

A little pain would not hurt much

Mateo_

Reaction score
Well :)
I'm new here ..
I tried the new sign-up system and i'll keep on trying every day !!!
I'll try to participate to the forum the more ( most ) possible but ... I'm a french guy and i don't have a perfect english lol ... So sorry by advance for the mistakes !!

LA clan

Reaction score
my provider gives me a variable IP.. so that might become a problem, or am i just wring?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem, just sign up once per day. ;)

-Corey

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
mattspec said:
no, trust me its random, that was probably a nubby vb prog, but in any case, i have a question, if you are not selected by the server, does it still count as your sign up?

Computers can't just think of a random number seeing as everything they do equates to math problems in 1s and 0s,. go me :hsdance:

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
civilr said:
mattspec said:
no, trust me its random, that was probably a nubby vb prog, but in any case, i have a question, if you are not selected by the server, does it still count as your sign up?

Computers can't just think of a random number seeing as everything they do equates to math problems in 1s and 0s,. go me :hsdance:

He is right. Almost all programs go by some number. I make games and for a random sequence there is some setting to tweak.

Cr4sh

Reaction score
Corey said:
...the server will automatically pick a random number of accounts that signed up that day and activate them. The rest of the applications will be deleted...

How many accounts every day are activated?
I'm so lucky what i will be activated the next xmas...probably
wtcslap.gif

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
10 accounts per day.

Some days though, a bunch more are picked because I mess with the sign up script, likeeee today. :)

Mani5

Reaction score
moose said:
[OFFTOPIC]
Thanks
bigok.gif
naughty.gif

I could make one that says Evan or Minievan on it if you want
kdubb.gif

[/OFFTOPIC]
[OFF] COMPLETELY OFF} Moose cud u make me 1 sayin Mani?? 5 pts?

hey orry I hav to post here cuz dunno y I cant get to PM any1....

Mani5

Reaction score
Mateo_ said:
Well :)
I'm new here ..
I tried the new sign-up system and i'll keep on trying every day !!!
I'll try to participate to the forum the more ( most ) possible but ... I'm a french guy and i don't have a perfect english lol ... So sorry by advance for the mistakes !!
well to me u are quite idle atm/... :rolleyes:

mattspec

Reaction score
cyberxzt said:
civilr said:
mattspec said:

He is right. Almost all programs go by some number. I make games and for a random sequence there is some setting to tweak.

meh, completely random, luck of the draw, who cares, no one knows which ones will be accepted anyways

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It's random enough!!! Hahaha.

I make games and for a random sequence there is some setting to tweak.

What? I program and there is nothing to "tweak" to generate a random number. There are different methods of producing a random number for each specific language. In most though you can just call a function (Such as rand() in PHP/C++) and have a random number returned, with no need for seeding the random number generator or w/e. I know random numbers are not "100% completly random", but for general day to day use, it's not a problem.

How did this discussion start? It was already explained earlier in the thread that the 10 accounts picked per day are random and choosen automatically without anyone "picking them", other then a PHP script. Everyone has an equal and fair chance of being accepted. It's just a matter of the probability that your application will be accepted.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
You guys should right all the applications down by usernames and draw them from a hat. :drool:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Buttttt array_rand() and rand() do a good enough job. ;-)

mattspec

Reaction score
civilr said:
You guys should right all the applications down by usernames and draw them from a hat. :drool:

:roflwerd: that would be awesome, id do it myself :hsdance: