New Site. Any advice or feedback?

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Very Nice. Nothing much to say. I liked the poll. The options and the way it worked. My only objection is remove http://whos.amung.us/ from the home page, keep it on the blog if you wish. Also put a link like Blog or Enter or even Welcome that goes into the blog. This is because some people would think that there is just this gorgeous image and nothing else. Although the cursor would indicate that the image is a link, some people wouldn't have that presence of mind, yours truly included.

sunils

Reaction score
good home page and good design. Like the white background in your second page very much. will fetch a decent 8/10

kirtik

Reaction score
Nice. My only criticisms are the pink headings for the posts, and the black on black in the poll and above. :(

frankfriend

Reaction score
Very well laid out site, great design. The Poll was not quite so clear, maybe some light shading or bevelled line to make it more prominent??

Best regards

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
overall nice design except I'm just picky about these things, iuono if it bugs anyone else but the font that you use for the discography > about us> and stuff
I think you should change it to match the rest of the font, because there it doesn't seen properly fit

Sanosuke

Reaction score
What text do you see specifically?

Also, if the site seems akward in terms of alignment due to viewing it in different browsers, please tell me!

Other than that, thank you for the comments and advice so far.

JuniorD

Reaction score
hm. On the enter page, where the neck of the girl touches the black, make it fade out.

knights_templar

Reaction score
NICE!!! My only nitpick would be the blog posts, they kinda hurt my eyes when trying to separate them. Maybe you could alternate the background color for the posts? cheers and good work.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
There's a problem for me on Windows XP IE 7, screen 1024x768.
The content is aligned on the left of the page so it gets over the black border instead of being centered so I lose a lot of content.

driveflexfuel

Reaction score
The site looks great over all. The only thing I would change is at the top and bottom. I would add in about a 10px space to start and finish the frame the site

Sanosuke

Reaction score
Ok, so I listened to some of your feedback, and did a bit of changes. Hope it looks better.

There's a problem for me on Windows XP IE 7, screen 1024x768.
The content is aligned on the left of the page so it gets over the black border instead of being centered so I lose a lot of content.

Yeah, I get the same issue. It looks great on Firefox and Safari, but it's just weird on IE. I've looked at the CSS and there's nothing that I can find that might be causing this.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't know enough myself about CSS to fix it for you, but you can probably find some assistance by posting your code in the Programming Help forum.

xmakina

Reaction score
It might be worth popping in some javascript to detect the users browser and give IE users a heads up they should be on FireFox.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I hate these messages...
I'll switch if I want to! Simple, no?