New site layout

funindia

Reaction score
Hi!

I liked your layout. Almost Black & White, Classic look really appeals.

Good Work Boss!! Continue...

n4tec

Reaction score
I like the unique layout all together.. good work...

T

Tapeyman

Hey ya, not bad for starters...

A few suggestions, if I may...

It would be better if the main table would be horizontally centered, particularly when viewed at a resolution higher than 1024x768

I think it would look better if center column be widened a little more.

Try a few color variations on the left nav menus, so they won't took too identical and repetitive, but use neutral colors. I'd suggest u add a faded-brownish color to the grey color scheme you used, to keep the classic color theme u want. So in the case of the menus, for example, for "main", maybe u can use a brownish shade to the title and the text links. Then for "emma watson", perhaps a bit of a darker gray shade, then a slightly different color shade to the each of the menu blocks... get it? It sort of add's a subtle distinction for each of them.

Maybe you can also use different graphic backgrounds for the menu-titles so they won't all look too identical.

Try to use lighter line/bordercolors, instead of black. Let the text stick out more than the lines and borders, like here in the forums. Notice the text is lighter than the frame borders.

And the scrolling marquee 'quick news, I think it would be better if it was on the center column, since it's location on the top left column has too little space. then maybe put in light shade background.

Hope this helps and good luck with the site!

I'm a web designer by profession, by the way...:eek:riginal:

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
nice....beginner...intermediate...or advanced????

beginner, intermediate and advanced what?

I think it would look better if center column be widened a little more.

I'll do that of course... as soon as I get the rest of the template ready and replace the original site because the news box can't exceed it's current size in the current site.

I'll try what you're suggesting to see if I can get a better result that I'll like... lol Thanks for the input

NewFuture

Reaction score
you had that 'coffee coloured' site before didnt you? i liked that, but like your new one aswell

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the curent layout... this one is a new one that hasn't been implemented yet...

NewFuture

Reaction score
ok, i like both, there ace! guess your a harry potter fan? you buying new book?

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm buying the book the day it comes out... :p I seriously doubt there'll be many people queuing for it where I live so I didn't preorder it... :p

NewFuture

Reaction score
i preordered it off amazon, i get it on the 16th july virtually day it comes out, its relesed midnight right on 15th?

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
I think so... I'm like... in Asia... so it's being released at 7AM on the 16th... being 12 hours ahead of the US and 7 hours ahead of the UK has it's peaks at times like this... XP

n4tec

Reaction score
i am a harry potter mini fan... which book is out?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I like the new layout, but I have to agree with , the menus look too bland and because of that they run together. Also the CSS hovers you used for your links act oddly in Firefox. It's Verdana normally, then when you hover over a link it changes to Times New Roman and shrinks significantly.

It's a good start though.