New site, new template

Jacob

Reaction score
It's a very simple site, but not the kind of simplicity I would look for in the site. The color scheme isn't very attractive, which kind of turns me off from the site. It seems too... "blah" to me. Nice use of text and image in the header - I like that. Overall rating: 5.5/10

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
ok, the colour scheme was always going to be changed, I was more concerned with the layout at the time, i'll start fiddling around with it later.

I'm glad you like the header though! That will stay how it is.

Thank you for your comments

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
you should learn some CSS for those links to make them look "good" too. and i think it is ok, again not much color. 6/10

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Jake said:
you should learn some CSS for those links to make them look "good" too. and i think it is ok, again not much color. 6/10

Yeah, i'm gunna change the links after i've changed the colour scheme. I can change the links with a bit of simple html so thats no worries.

clareto

Reaction score
theres no diference from the page background and the contents table background. Pack your contents, generally putting a darker background than the contents background works great. Its really really hard to find a background/foreground combination to make text readable and eye-pleasant. I suggest you to use black and white. And before finding any color schema, find any css tutorial. Css is very easy and will help you a lot. If you dont want to learn css, use frontpage or dreamwaver, but use styles. I like the heading banner.

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
A little to simple. Not life like. 6/10

blackroselove

Reaction score
yea simple got a 6 from me need a more colourful display try and find out blurs favourite colours and do it to that best idea yet lol .... and try and make a few more parts to it but love the banner. hope it works out

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
blackroselove said:
yea simple got a 6 from me need a more colourful display try and find out blurs favourite colours and do it to that best idea yet lol .... and try and make a few more parts to it but love the banner. hope it works out

yeah, i'll probably use the colours on the front of their 'best of' album. I would have done this and added more parts by now but my social life has been put first for the past couple of days.

Everyone seems to like the banner, so i'll keep that as it is.

Thanks for the comments.

jensen

Reaction score
You could also use CSS to make your menu bar stand out a bit more. Looks like just text links. CSS would give you site a bit more zest. If you could lessen the links on the menu, then people would be more focused and know what is your site all about.

6/10 from me.