New Site Review

hrobert51190

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just got an account last night. I uploaded some HTML I had been working on for a couple of days and put up a small site. So far it is only a few pages. At this point it is short of content but I was just trying a few different styles using only HTML with a little CSS and JavaScript. I posted it to show some people a few coding examples. I will gradually add to it and give it some more content and more design examples.
At any rate, if you have a chance I would appreciate some feedback.
The site is;http://piratefl.x10.mx/.

Thanks,
piratefl

ldraus15

Reaction score
How come on your Resume under work experience there is nothing, but under skills it says master carpenter? It takes years of work to become a master carpenter...

teeyo985

Reaction score
I didn't like much that yellow and black on "about the page" ... it still an opinion ^^

conzone

Reaction score
looked at one page & it hurt my eyes blue on dark background, killed the tab after 2 seconds

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I also found he yellow/black kinda bright, and the pictures are slow to load. Difficult to read text under a picture background, so I recommended putting at least a translucent background for text. Anyways, nice site idea nonetheless.

hrobert51190

Reaction score
How come on your Resume under work experience there is nothing, but under skills it says master carpenter? It takes years of work to become a master carpenter...
Look a little more at the work experience. I gave my last two jobs which covered about five years. I could have put many more years but I am not looking for construction work as I just got my Bachelor's in Information Systems. I am looking for IT work. You are right though, it does take years to become a master carpenter. I was in the business about thirty years. When construction went down to almost nothing a few years ago it seemed like time for a change. I have really enjoyed going back to school and love the IT field so far. I have also started working on my Master's in Software Engineering and getting some certifications.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

I didn't like much that yellow and black on "about the page" ... it still an opinion ^^
Yeah, the yellow and black does kinda stand out. Then again that was the idea and it was just for that page. Since so many of you didn't like it I will probably end up changing it. I have been fine tuning some other stuff today. Like making the pictures stretch for different browsers. I didn't know how to do that until now. Thanks for the feedback.

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
No hard feelings but it isnt good. Especially the design. Be a bit more professional, avoid frames. Frames just surrender the designers liberty to make things look as he wanted to. Have better color combination. If you have illustrator, take a look at the color guide panel. It should help...