New Site Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The launch of the new site has been a success. We had a very minimal amount of problems and they were dealt with quickly. We also had the highest amount of sign-ups ever recorded at x10Hosting in a single day :).

We are still continuing to re-implement a lot of things in while keeping up with the bug fixes as reports come in. We will also be introducing shared SSL in the next day or two now that things have settled down.

If you find bugs please let us know, you can post here, or open a ticket in the support system. Please note, we do NOT provide support here in the news section.

Thanks to everyone for having A LOT of patience while we got the new site out :)

-Corey

freenetter

Reaction score
Corey,

What a privilege to be the first one to reply to your post. Once again I give you and your team my heartfelt thanks and congratulations for a fantastic implementation of the new X10 website.

Your free hosting service, tech support staff, tech support response times, forum announcements, forum moderators, account managers, and of course all the administrators should all give themselves a pat on the back for continuing to make X10 Hosting the best free hosting service I have ever seen or signed up to.

Thank you sincerely and I hope you guys stick around for many more years to come. I will do my best to give you as many referrals as possible for potential commercial hosting customers.

Thank you so much,

Kovi (Freenetter)

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey,
Thanks for the exelent services that your provide us man :)
I know the hard work that you and the rest of the staff need to do to keep the exelent service :)

x10Hositng 4EverAndAlways ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
Congrats on all the new sign-ups, this can only mean good news for x10.

Not wishing to be a killjoy, but whilst you say that the minimal amount of problems were dealt with quickly, the new site wasn't so great for myself.

At first I praised the fresh new look & structure, but then realised that my site (& apparently other peoples) had been downgraded from intermediate to basic PHP, stopping it from working.

Not a problem, I requested an upgrade again. But doing this caused an error within the AMP. Result : request not submitted, my website is still down, & AMP has permanently locked me out of it. Every time I try to login to it, I get this message;

"An unexpected error occurred communicating with the backend system. Error message: server error message: SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference"

I submitted a support ticket, but it got closed by staff right away with the single comment "Added to x10 v4. site development tracker on forums"

This leaves me none-the-wiser. I'm not too concerned about my site being down at the moment & am prepared to wait patiently, since this particular site was still in its experimental stages & isn't needed urgently. But it would still be nice to know what & when action will be taken, & when I might get back access to my site. And hopefully this post will give a heads-up to anyone else who might be in a similar position & wondering if they're alone with the problem (or is it just me?!!)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

sarvar

Reaction score
Yeah, the new site looks very professional.

There is a bug for signing up for a free account. It starts at step 1, but you could click on step 10 or 9 to skip the whole thing.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The new PHP version system is not fully functional on the new site. It says everyone has "basic" PHP right now. If you had intermediate before you should still be on it. If you're not please PM me and I'll manually set it for now.

I'll have to check on the skipping forward -- I was pretty sure you could not do that. Not sure why someone would want to though :)

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure where bug reports are supposed to go, but the password box on the main site displays in plain text in IE7 on Win Vista. Its fine in FF.

iGamer

Reaction score
I am totally diggin the new site!!!

I don't use this account near as much as originally planned, but I try to stop by the forums every so often! This is a great company, with an incredible staff, and I praise ya'll for all of your hardwork here!

hypereal

Reaction score
HI there.

I have problem with accessing my php.ini. I need to access that file to modify my joomla capability in uploading files. Could you tell me how to access that, since in the site new setting I can find how to set that nor can I upgrade my php version.

Thanks guys

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Just 1 question.......

I am on the absolut server, and for the last 3 months every day, my site has gone offline about 3 times. Will this now be fixed??

:)

Thanks for all the hard work btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.