New Template Design. Give me your thoughts!

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I like it. 7/10 because the background colours are a bit bland and it seems a bit narrow. Other than that, nice work!

Zenax

Reaction score
Thank you, however work still needs to be done to it, but they are minor adjustments for example centering things, and applying little css tweeks. But the mods being made would not affect the overall look!

Regards,
Zenax

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice nice.. I'll give you a 7.5/10.
Topic moved to *Teh Intarwebz > Graphics and Webdesign*

Zenax

Reaction score
Thank you, more comments would be appreciated!

ZeptOr

Reaction score
You can try some different variations of text colors, for example, the blue text is a little out of place. Regardless, I like your header and overall design

7/10

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
This is good, 7.3/10

dyfuse

Reaction score
It's nice, simple, and straight to the point - I'll give it 8/10.

I agree that the bright blue text may be a bit out of place, but personally I like the color and think its alright!

I feel that with your navigation box with curved corners just feels too unused. There is a great amount of blank space on the right of the box, and the text links seem to far to the left. Maybe (only a suggestion) the space between the text and the outside boundaries of the box are evened out, it would look much more 'snug'. But if this is to be sorted with CSS, then I understand!

(Maybe you may want to try moving the login boxes to the bottom of the navigation panel? - only a suggestion)

Zenax

Reaction score
Yeh, I orginally had the login boxes in the bottom of the navigation, and the looked dodgy :S

But thanks for the advice etc.

I am glad this is getting better ratings than my last template I made!

Regards,
Zenax

dyfuse

Reaction score
Well, it's good that this one's getting better ratings...anyway, you learn from mistakes/errors and get better as you go along....so it's good to know you heading in the right direction (and not the other way)!

So the login box in the nav box didn't look good? Oh well, just a suggestion. It sometimes just looks out of place, mainly due to the fact that it pushes the text further down the page, and therefore the "main text" of the page is not flush with the nav box.

Best of luck for the fine tuning of this design (and any future designs you create).

dest581

Reaction score
the div with the ID wrapper ends before the div with the class content.

Beyond that, it looks quite good.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Yeah, the divs end before your page's content has ended...The main white area doesn't extend to cover most of story 3. It think it has to do with some sort of CSS setting. Try expanding/maximising/restoring the internet browser, and you'll see that the div, sometimes doesn't extend down far enough.

Cubeform

Reaction score
Since you've given me the actual template, I'm gonna rate it off that...

First impressions
Well, when I go to your website, the navigation links immediately jump out, thanks to the colour of them.

Colours
The background colours are a tad too bland for me (black, white and grey). The navigation links (yellow) almost seem out of place, and although I like the fact that they stand out, I don't like the colour yellow. On the plus side, the colours don't hurt my eyes.

Layout
It'd look better if you centered it.

Page style
The page style is generally good, and I like it... I really can't give anymore comments, sorry.

Your scores
  • Colours: 2/3
  • Layout: 1.5/2
  • Page style: 3/5
  • BONUS-First impression: +1
Final
  • Total: 7.5/10
    A good template.

Now, time for some bug swatting: In an ideal world, "min-height: 100%;" would work on every browser. But it doesn't (not even in Firefox). It appears that your html and body are confined to 100%. Text overflows out of the page, but the background doesn't stretch, which is what the browser is supposed to do. Of course, all versions of IE (except IE7 in Standards Compliance mode) stretch the background.

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
Well I have been trying to figure it out, but however it displays fine on my monitor at a resolution of 1280x1024, however I do know of the problem, but got no idea how to fix it!

EDIT: When centered the background disappears from the wrapper and only applies to the bit behind the logo.

Here is my css:
Code:
body, html
{
background-color: #6C6C6C;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
height: 100%;
}

hr
{
background-color: #818181;
color: #818181;
}

a:link, a:visited
{
color: #FFFF00;
font-family: "Bookman Old Style";
font-size: 12px;
text-decoration: none;
padding-left:5px;
}

a:hover
{
color: #FFFFFF;
padding-left:5px;
}

#wrapper
{
background-image:url(../img/wrapper_bg.gif);
background-repeat: repeat;
width: 620px;
height: 100%;
padding-top: 10px;
}

.header
{
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

.mainheader
{
font-size: 18px;
color: #6C6C6C;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight: bolder;
}

#contentwrapper
{
width: 350px;
margin-left: 200px;
position: absolute;
}

.content
{
font-family:"Bookman Old Style";
font-size:12px;
}

#navigationwrapper
{
background-color: #6C6C6C;
width: 160px;
margin-left: 30px;
position: absolute;
margin-top: 20px;

}

.navigation
{
font-family:"Bookman Old Style";
font-size:12px;
padding: 5px;
width: 150px;
}

.login
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
color: #000000;
border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
font-size: 11px;
padding: 2px;
}

.designedby
{
color: #FFFF00;
font-size: 9px;
font-family: Tahoma;
padding-left: 10px;
}

.logo
{
width: 100%;
border: 0px;
margin-left: 30px;
}

img
{
border: 0px;
}

form
{
margin-left: 5px;
}

Last edited:

speakout

Reaction score
I think that in you background you should use a pattern. That might make it a bit more interesting and not so dull

artist

Reaction score
The layout concept is fine, but it does need some work to pull the design together to really work well. I think it is lacking interest, page feels unbalanced, color scheme is insipid.
I give it 5/10