New template(maybe new site)

nightscream

Reaction score
Well I just finished a new skin after a while ago. Thinking of maybe creating a template/coding website..
And this is my design for it. Banner needs a logo, but working on that.
What do you think?
any comments or ideas are welcome :)

Last edited:

wh00p101

Reaction score
I like it, it's nice and clean. although I'm not sure what the purpose of the public knowing who the latest buyers is. Could you explain that further.

nightscream

Reaction score
I like it, it's nice and clean. although I'm not sure what the purpose of the public knowing who the latest buyers is. Could you explain that further.
Well the site will sell templates or code templates on requst so at the latest buyer field the last 5 buyers will be placed there. If you click on one of them you will get redirected to the design or live website with a feedback of the buyer.

shaunak

Reaction score
Imm moving from dark theme hate to dark theme liker!

I specially like the header style. Its really cool.

maikefutesi

Reaction score
No one gave criticism so far..

It's nice but there are a few things you should check again:

- The banner is so bright and contrasts so much with the rest of the design that you can't really read headlines without your eyes constantly trying to look at the banner

- You have small text size and text everywhere. Try to leave more blank spaces (keep pages simple) and make the text bigger.

- Maybe you should have one more line break between each headlines. If you had like 5-10 headlines on your page, it could get pretty confusing which "Read full" link links to the proper article.

- Perhaps you could make your Register button stand out more. Like positioning it away from the login link, making it a text-link or anything else. You'll have to experiment some for that.

- With your menu so on top like this, users reading an article will have to scroll to top everytime in order to change a page. Might get a little annoying.

- I'm not too convinced by the white area that seperates top menu and banner..

Aside from those points, it looks good. If you could only change one thing tho, definately put less content on the same page.

Hope my criticism helps you out,

Michael

nightscream

Reaction score

@maikefutesi
thanks for the critism, i'll change some stuff :)
don't know about the header :p

eyelet4u2

Reaction score
I like it and since I haven't figured out how to do this I really like it. lol I like the dark theme myself.

ryoko126

Reaction score
That looks very awsome. In fact I wish I could make a more simplistic version of it for my site. You're very good, my friend.

Thewinator

Reaction score
Got to admit it looks realy good.
Maybe tho it should go with a bit of a border or something to mark the edge of the content.
As for the background try a realy subtle gradient.

arsonistx

Reaction score
Wow! Nice layout.

I'm liking it.
Like maikefutesi said, the banner is pretty high contrasted,
but I've always liked small fonts and dark layouts.

Great job, 8/10