New template! Please review!

intertec

Reaction score
Hello every one! My wish is to be a professional web designer. I have started learning from tutorials. Now i have made one and I want to know what every one thinks! So please review my design!

For each good and long review I will give 50 credits!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    343 KB · Views: 59

Jesse

Reaction score
Wow Nice One! I would rate it 8/10. I like the Style you made on the Menu Bar. You could try putting more style on the background to make it more attractive. Also the Logo, try changing it to more nicer and better. The Main Content Box is just alright.

intertec

Reaction score
Thanks Jesse1 I'm sending credits. Can someone tell me what I should do to improve and someone show me a tutorial for content boxes. Thank you!

tittat

Reaction score
It looks neat(means nice).But why dont you proved the URL of your site instead of just a screen shot?

reglus

Reaction score
I must say that is quite awsome but there are a couple of things you could do. Make a background where all of the content will be and then under that make another one to make it look like your website is appearing ontop of somthing.

Example: www.lookgoodfood.x10hsoting.com

This is my site and if you look at the white background placed ontop of the orange. Obviously your would be a dark greyish colour.;)

LHVWB

Reaction score
intertec, I like the template's colours, but your template looks a little too simple, maybe you could put a copyright down the bottom and extent the main content box so that it takes up more room, or put a picture next to it.

reglus, i noticed a few issues with you site, which i'll say, the page is too wide and the main page is not centered, also your google search button is outside the main box (using firefox). Also the link should not be 'hsoting', it should be 'hosting'.

Sorry for going a bit off topic. :biggrin:

DaNGeR123

Reaction score
verbsite its his first one, for a newbie ( not the gamer definition) i think its great and u have potential.

The easiest part though is the picture rendering, i can see the white line lol teh easiest part!!!! anyway i love it and would love to see your future work

kbjradmin

Reaction score
looks great! i would give it 8.5/10.
for someone just getting into web design, it looks really good.

i like the contrast in the colors, however, i think it needs a little more color. it needs some more content. maybe a footer of some sort at the bottom and some more content on the right.

cybergig

Reaction score
6/10 for effort... the thing I don't like about it is it would be hard to use. Theres the main content box but what about previous news items, fill that extra space yo. Or at least put one big shoutbox area to fill that empty space there, you know what I mean? :rant2: its a common throwin to new layouts.. that are not really finished at all. The menu bar can be rounded off in square form to make it look cooler and more metalic like, try for a glow there as well and get rid of some of the glow on some of the renders it throws the header off unless you make a reflection within the nav bar to make it metalic paper themed.

intertec

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your posts. I have taken everyone's ideas and I'm starting to make a new theme!

VPmase

Reaction score
Its a little empty and the renders seem a bit choppy. Otherwise I like the bg and the colors.