New to x10 world

aarmitch

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is the first time I've attempted a website for quite a while, and the first time trying to actually make money doing it. I have a domain name registered, now I just need to transfer it - though I'm not sure exactly how to do that. If anyone could walk me through it, that'd be great. Thanks.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hi aarmitch.

I'm not sure what you mean by transfer it.

But I think you are talking about setting up the DNS:

Got to your registrar & set the DNS to

ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

It can take up to 48hrs for the changes to propagate.

You also need to set the same name up in your x10 Account Panel as Main Domain, or use your cPanel for Parked etc domain. :)

Last edited:

aarmitch

Reaction score
Thanks for replying zen-r. What I meant by transferring it is moving it from where I registered it to a place I can host it. Right now I have it forwarding to my x10hosting website, but I would like to be able to host the site using cPanel. Anyway to do that? Thanks.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome!

You won't be able to host the domain through cPanel. I'm not sure but I don't think x10hosting handles any domain names. If you'd like to transfer your domain to a different registrar, I would suggest GoDaddy.

Good luck,

Justin

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I assume you are using the wrong terminology.

It sounds like you are currently "redirecting" your site from your registrars to x10.

If you want to "host" your website here, do what I said in my first post. That way, the domain is still registered with your registrars, but hosted for free with x10. It will still show as www.yourdomain.com in people's browsers, & you can control & build your site from within cPanel.

What is your domain name so we can check its current set-up?

aarmitch

Reaction score
I assume you are using the wrong terminology.

It sounds like you are currently "redirecting" your site from your registrars to x10.

If you want to "host" your website here, do what I said in my first post. That way, the domain is still registered with your registrars, but hosted for free with x10. It will still show as www.yourdomain.com in people's browsers, & you can control & build your site from within cPanel.

What is your domain name so we can check its current set-up?

Thanks for helping out my terminology. I'm going to try what you suggested. The domain name is www.curiousnaturally.com

Nothing's up yet, since I'm just getting started. Thanks for the help.

aarmitch

aarmitch

Reaction score
Okay, well nevermind about getting curiousnaturally.com set up here at x10hosting, I found another place to host the website. I'm going to use wordpress - I've heard good things. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi aarmitch.

I'm not sure what you mean by transfer it.

But I think you are talking about setting up the DNS:

Got to your registrar & set the DNS to

ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

It can take up to 48hrs for the changes to propagate.

You also need to set the same name up in your x10 Account Panel as Main Domain, or use your cPanel for Parked etc domain. :)

I don't know how to change on the control panel from subdomain.x10hosting.com to mydomain.com. Would you please show me how to do it ?

I've changed the DNS information on my domain registrar's nameservers list, and I've chosen from the control panel the Parked Domain option. Would people be redirected to mydomain.com instead of subdomain.x10hosting.com once the URL mydomain.com is entered in the web browsers ?

wild bill

Reaction score
Yes, godaddy is a good place to register your domain. After you register it just change the NS servers to x10 DNS servers. It updates pretty fast so I don't think you will have any problems with godaddy as far as registering your domain. This is were I registered my domain last year and it works great with x10 Hosting.

Just goto the x10 cPanel and use the option to park your domain. That should do it.

Welcome!

You won't be able to host the domain through cPanel. I'm not sure but I don't think x10hosting handles any domain names. If you'd like to transfer your domain to a different registrar, I would suggest GoDaddy.

Good luck,

Justin

Last edited:

natrobius

Reaction score
Um... Welcome. Glad you got set up, but you do know you can use WordPress here right?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to x10. I see you're new here, so here's a few tips to have a great time here:

-You must log in to the forums (here) once a month to keep your account active.
-Remember when uploading files to put them in the public_html or www folders.
-Your account is subject to the TOS, which you have already agreed to by sigining up for a free hosting account. The TOS can be found here: http://x10hosting.com/tos.php

Also, check the forums regularly for service alerts and news.

Service alerts-http://forums.x10hosting.com/service-alerts/
News and announcements-http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/

This is a good website for getting started with x10, and how to use some of the features offered here: www.stpvoice-x10support.co.cc
Thanks to Adam Parkzer for allowing me to redirect to his website

Another handy link...the server status page for all of x10's servers. Good to check if you think your site is down if the problem is server related. http://x10staff.co.cc/status/