New website design!!!!!

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Hey all!!

I have just created a new website design for www.distrasdesigns.com

My thoughts were, you dont really see many green coloured websites, as it is failry hard to get the colours to work well, but I think I did a pretty good job.

Id like to know how it loads for you all and please let me know if there are any problems viewing it in certain browsers such as FireFox.

So give it a rating out of 10?

cheers,
mike

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Not so professional, no offense. There's white marks round the edges, and it just doesn't look so good. Sorry.

5/10 for effort.

Kay

Reaction score
The curves aren't smooth enough, they green is too bright on the eyes. It needs some work on it - I will give you a 4/10

KowKing

Reaction score
You need a little bit of work, but you're heading in the right direction.

7/10

Cubeform

Reaction score
Anti-aliasing is your friend: Get rid of the white edges around the rounded corners, improve the contrast in the navigation font. (There's a JavaScript hack for transparent PNGs so they can render in IE. Just search around.)

And I hate to say this, but your markup is terrible. In your "welcome" blurb, you choose to use <span />s and <br />s instead of the <p /> tag. Your navigation is a nest of tables which can be done much easier with unordered lists. Finally, your entire website layout is based on tables. Consider learning how to do CSS-based layouts.

Finally, the W3C validator refuses to validate your page; you forgot to end your DOCTYPE declaration.

6/10. OK design but with large setbacks.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
7.8/10 too bright hurts eyes

eagleeyed

Reaction score
I personally dont mind it, you are correct about green being a hard colour to work with but I quite like it. The only thing I would change is the colour of the logo because for me personally I have to focus on it clearly to see what it says, even just expand the white border a couple of pixels more. I cant read at all the text under the logo on the bottom right hand corner before it gets to the main text. The text just seems to close together. Anyway my opinion, otherwise the site looks very good. You have decided to use a very unforgiving colour when used wrong my friend. I wont even attempt it.

soten355

Reaction score
I love it! It looks so great and the green makes it look even better!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Green's a hard color, but part of the problem is indeed the white edges on the rounded corners. I'm in Firefox which never seemed to have problems with transparent png's and I can see it, so I get the feeling you mighta messed something up there (not using png's would probably cause it) :S

8/10 though, it's still better than anything I can do.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
haha, thanks for the feedback...

The corners are transparent gif's and when i made them i think i had an outer glow on the corners which probably didnt work as well as I hoped.

As for the coding, this was mainly an experiment to see if I could get the design to view properly, regardless of how the code was.

I think im going to go back to my older design as I think its a bit better. But ill keep making random new designs however ****e they are :)

ZeptOr

Reaction score
well the one that you have now, the grey one, is pretty damn good. I'd give it a 9/10. I would just change the font of "distras designs" in the header

mikel2k3

Reaction score
The grey one isnt the 'New website design!!!' lol.

Thanks anyway... Im trying to break away from the boring, black-white-gray templates ive done.

Working on another more colourful design and should be done in the next few days. :)