New x10 e-mail getting rejected or trapped in recipient spam folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurfle

Reaction score
Now my new x10hosting e-mail appears to no longer get hung up in the "530 relay error", but instead gets treated by two different mail hosts as spam.

Why would that be? I never had that happen before with e-mail address gurfle@oz.net (over 13 years now), which looks a lot more questionable than nick@dreyer.x10hosting.com.

One mail server rejects the e-mail completely with the following message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

gurfler@oz.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<gurfler@oz.net>:
host ismtp.sitestar.everyone.net [216.200.145.235]:
550 Recipient Rejected: Access Denied: 216.245.205.66 blocked by spammer and exploits list

Have x10hosting.com e-mail addresses been abused by spammers to the point that e-mail servers often block them?

Thanks for any insights into this disconcerting problem.

Nick

Last edited:

Picard1595

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt, with the volume of users that x10 has it probably has been abused millions of times a month in every which way.

gurfle

Reaction score
If e-mails from x10hosting.com get thrown back for being on a server "spammer and exploits list" (as in the example error in my original post), then x10 e-mail is not a very reliable service. IN fact as feared, the same server rejection occured even after I had nick@dreyer.x10hosting.com put on the gurfler@oz.net spam filter "approval" list - obviously the server rejects before the personal spam filter even gets a chance to act, a real bummer.

So far I think I will go with x10 for my personal web page, but unless someone can tell me how to get around this bad spammer reputation, I will need another more dependable service for e-mail.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.