new xobx 360

samsungflashwiki

Reaction score
My mate has and he said it's very good.
It's nice and quiet and he particularly likes the touch sensitve buttons on the xbox itself for eject or turning it on lol.
But it's got the same hardware specs as the old xbox 360, apart from a few more USBs, Kinect ready port and no memory units (as it has been replaced with USB storage)
Hard Drive is very big too. 250GB which is a bonus, and it is the same price as the original Xbox 360.

The two main points though is
- Smaller, slimmer
- Quieter!

Last edited:

kaepos

Reaction score
The two main points though is
- Smaller, slimmer
- Quieter!

I wouldn't mind it not being quiet so long as it doesn't red ring. My 360 is a RROD repair and for kicks, I spliced the exhaust fan in the back to run at a 12v constant (i.e. max fan speed)... running the fan at max has produced (in my opinion) way better results than getting the Intercooler thing. I don't know if I'm going to get the "Kinect Ready" Xbox, but I can say I'm fairly happy with the one I have even if it's a little louder (which you don't really notice if you're watching/playing anything).

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The new XBox looks nice. The Coolermaster cooler in it should definitely be of better quality, as people like me who build PCs know that they make some good products that run quietly but are great at removing heat. Make some pretty good cases too.

But finally I don't have to hear people moan about how they don't have an Ethernet cable or don't want to pay $60 for Wi-Fi, or have to figure out how to use their laptop to give the Xbox Internet as it now has built-in Wireless.

skai123

Reaction score
This (or something really similar to this) is what the xbox 360 should have been when it first released...

PS3 had touch sensitive button > PS3 slim does not
xbox360 reg. buttons > xbox360s has touch sensitive button

i find it pretty funny, among other changes both console made from phat to slim that is opposite of each other, like the glossy/matte.

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
Not really a fan of the design but I guess anythings better than the old xbox. I still prefer the look of the first gen ps3 even if it is like a george forman.

phinix0867

Reaction score
I would say if you already have an xbox do not purchase this one. But if you are purchasing an xbox make sure to get it. I decided to get it and was very pleased I gave my old xbox to my nephew and the new one is what the original should have been. it is real sleek.

benejthompson85

Reaction score
Agreed with the above ^^

Don't buy this if you've already got one. You're basically buying the same thing but it look different (If you get me :confused:)

amachron

Reaction score
I don't have an XB360 now, but will be getting one soon. I think I'll hold out for the HALO special edition console as I don't care for how anything that is glossy black collects dust and fingerprints.