theone48

Reaction score
Hi negroshaman83,

Sure friend, and thank you for the invite. It's been accepted. If you please let me know your problem, I'll do my best to help you. If I cannot help you, I'll be sure to find someone who can. You can post your problem in another relevant forum room or talk with me direct on my profile by posting a message. Posting help questions here is inappropriate as this is the introductions room. If in need of urgent technical assistance, volunteer-staffed Live Chat is available by clicking the Chat tab on the top of this page. However, due to recent controversies with some of those holding position there in regards to their treatment of customers (me being one as well), I won't be able to help you there. My best suggestion if you use the chat option is be patient and remember it is staffed mostly by volunteers (technical term for ordinary people, and flawed ones at that). Try to look for either bdistler, Dead-i, or Anna, they are the ones most apt to serve customer needs on irc. If you feel uncomfortable with the way any others may treat you there, leave as soon as possible, as they do have the power to ban anyone who so much as disagrees with their opinion (something I found out the hard way). Hope this in-depth intro helps you, negroshaman83. Welcome to x10, may your stay be a pleasant one!

intpsych16

Reaction score
Hi negroshaman83: I am sorry, but I cannot help you very much because I am a member with only 10 days. However, I can do two things. First, WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK! Second, I can tell you my experience so far. I chose x10 hosting because it received a very high user rating. After 10 days, 3 to 4 hours a day, I am beginning to get the "feel." So far, I have not asked for help. That is just my way of learning. If I move into a new community and need to find the grocery store, I have two options: I can find it myself or ask someone for directions. I prefer the first. I will go down several wrong streets but on each of these streets I will learn something new about the neighborhood. When I finally do find the grocery store, I will never forget it. Of course, if I have an urgent need for food, like a crying baby at home (or an urgent need to upload something onto my free space), I will have to ask for directions. Again, good luck.

theone48

Reaction score
Don, now that's the spirit of adventure! Undoubtedly we can learn a great deal by asking questions but we should never rule out exploring uncharted territory and experimenting. After all, many great things we have today came about by accident.

intpsych16

Reaction score
Theone 48
Thanks. As I said, that's just the way I learn. I guess it's a balance between asking questions and digging it out on your own. It's just a bit embarrasing when you walk out your front door and ask someone where the grocery store is and she looks at you like you're crazy, then points across the street and there it is. If you'd bothered to look out the window, you'd have seen it. So, a balance perhaps. Don