Nice to Meet You

Aabra

Reaction score
Greetings from Mexico! Well... I'm Canadian but I've been living in Mexico for the last 4 years. Since I'm pretty sure we have to login to these forums at least once every 2 weeks if we want to keep our free web hosting account I figured I might as well post here while I'm at it. :) (Correct me if I'm wrong in this assumption.)

I must say that so far I've been pretty impressed with x10 - very nice features and I've had no major problems so far. Of course I haven't exactly been a member for very long so we'll have to wait and see! Anyways, here's me - saying hi.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Welcome to X10Hosting Aabra. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

You are correct, in order that you account isn't suspended you are required to login to the Forums at least once every two weeks. But you do not have to post.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to x10Hosting Aabra,

Enjoy your stay here. If you need help with anything feel free to post on the forums and the staff and community will help you out.

And as TechAsh said you have to login to the forums once every two weeks so x10 know you're using your account, if you forget your account will be suspended, where you'll be able to have it unsuspended either on the forums or the form that will display on your homepage. After ten days of being in suspension and you not unsuspending the account, your account will be terminated and you'll need to sign up for a new account.

-Luke.

Aabra

Reaction score
Small price to pay for an ad free website. I understand the logic behind it. Instead of having ads on our websites, we're forced to look at the ads in the forums. Out of curiosity, is there any way you can prevent the account from getting suspended/deleted if you go camping for 3-4 weeks for example if you advise the admins beforehand?

labski

Reaction score
I was going to say "What ads???" But they ARE up there at the top of the page. All this time I guess I just block them out.

Welcome to X10. It's a great service. Just one hint though from my own personal folly. Those two weeks sneak up on you quickly, but the understanding admins will reinstate you in a few hours. I'm also curious about the answer that you're going to receive about going "offline" for more that two weeks, such as a vacation where internet access is nil.

Enjoy your stay
Skip.
wxthief.x10hosting.com

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to x10Hosting. Enjoy your stay with us.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there any way you can prevent the account from getting suspended/deleted if you go camping for 3-4 weeks for example if you advise the admins beforehand?
Short answer: No.
The only way to avoid being suspended is to ask a friend to login for you while your away.

ash2008

Reaction score
Re: wot a load of balls

wot a load of crap X10 is, never seen sure a crap website in my entire time on this globe.
It's slow, poorly designed, navigation is impossible, i hate X10 and just like to vent my fustration on you all

thank you and your welcome!

Ashley

Aabra

Reaction score
Short answer: No.
The only way to avoid being suspended is to ask a friend to login for you while your away.

Ok, kinda figured as much. When I was creating my account though I'm pretty sure they made a big deal out of the fact that *only you* could use the account or something like that. It sounded to me like a rule that was pretty hard to enforce. All this though is really quite academic as I don't think I could ever live without internet access for 2 weeks.

I should mention however that everybody is going to hate me pretty soon as one of my big pet peeves is the incorrect use of your/you're, their/they're/there, and its/it's. I'm an English teacher though so I'm allowed one pet peeve! Other grammar and spelling mistakes don't really bother me so much but that one is killer!

*glances over at TechAsh* :biggrin:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Re: wot a load of balls

wot a load of crap X10 is, never seen sure a crap website in my entire time on this globe.
It's slow, poorly designed, navigation is impossible, i hate X10 and just like to vent my fustration on you all

thank you and your welcome!

Ashley

The issue of the userability of the x10hosting website has been brought up before, if you wish to post your views about it then please post in the thread below.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/project.php?issueid=106