Nigerian police arrest cow

Iceman

Reaction score
LAGOS (Reuters) - Nigerian police have arrested a cow that killed a bus driver who was urinating on a highway, a police spokesman said on Thursday.

The horned African cow, which was wandering stray in the Ojo district of Nigeria's biggest city Lagos, also injured several bystanders after killing the man.

"The cow went mad, ran into a bus driver and knocked him down. Efforts to revive him were fruitless," said Lagos police spokesman Olubode Ojajuni.

Some people suggested the animal be shot, but the district police officer ordered it to be taken alive.

"You know what it will take to arrest a mad cow?" one newspaper quoted a policeman as saying. "We applied ingenuity and arrested the cow, which is now being detained at the station," he said without going into details.

Ojajuni said police were seeking the cow's owner to press charges for failing to keep it under control.

----
From Yahoo News
----
Thoughts? Personally, I was a little overwhelmed at this story and can't really give a suitable response. Mainly confusion.

n4tec

Reaction score
why arrest a cooow in the first place? I think it should have been shot and disposed...

Skyline4life

Reaction score
nforchange said:
why arrest a cooow in the first place? I think it should have been shot and disposed...
ditto, Crazy world we got now..Whats next aresting ducks who J-walk? :ermm:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes what a world we live in! That was a stupid thing to do arrest a cow...oh my god

n4tec

Reaction score
the other day a police man arrested a chicken for crosing a road (SOUTH AFRICA) and now a cow(NIGERIA) wow!!!

Best of all the chicken was not guilty in court bcoz it was domesticated...

n4tec

Reaction score
I thought it was a joke but the story about the chicken was on Yahoo even...

2dee

Reaction score
The world is mad place.
Cows arested and Chikens :p
I think the police smoking weed

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That is the sillyest thing I heard a chicken just becasue walking across the road....

Maurice

Reaction score
So that's why chickens cross the road. Oo

Did the cow got told his rights etc. ?

n4tec

Reaction score
You have no right remain alive but due to the stomach you can live... Now head to jail for your sentence....

Iceman

Reaction score
If I was a police officer, I don't know about you, but I would reconsider my life if I caught myself reading the Miranda rights to a cow.