Nintendo DS

Nak44

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the Nintendo DS?

i think is awesome the 2 screens idea was very original and i definetely will buy it when i have the chance :D

evenhotterchilli

Reaction score
I have a friend who has imported one, it comes with a free demo version of Metroid. A fantastic game on the GameCube, and even better in handheld format. When they're released in the UK in March, I would definately recommend buying one, you will not be disapointed. :D

phenetic

Reaction score
thing sucks, i tried and i just hate that god d*mn touch screen like how Happy Gilmore hates that d*mn Bob Parker lol

evenhotterchilli

Reaction score
phenetic said:
thing sucks, i tried and i just hate that god d*mn touch screen like how Happy Gilmore hates that d*mn Bob Parker lol

(hehe, i love that movie! :p)

blue42richman

Reaction score
I think the Ds is an ok handheld but i also think you should wait for the PSP!!!
anyone else think so?

Su2000

Reaction score
PSP is going to be good, maybe better than DS. One thing is, shouldn't the DS advertise more games? Because the GBA/GBASP is still alive and taking the spot. But that will likely change when the PSP comes. The DS's touch screen is good for many uses, like pictochat, and other options for Super Mario 64 DS, but it can be messed up like an LCD. (i.e. accidentally have alcohol hit the touch screen)

Su2000

Reaction score
Eh, a friend of mine at school, and people who frequently play it at Best Buy or Circuit City.

prasys

Reaction score
Dual-Screen...lol , thats stupid..Two screens...Ha Ha Ha!

Its better to buy a PDA (a fast one , which has WiFi , or the ultra-cool looking Treo 650 or Tugsten T|T5) and then use a GameBoy emulator to run it..Hey , I got everything on it...Save $$$$$....

ScienceComp314

Reaction score
I agree that they need more games! I also miss the "Gameboy" series. I would probaly wait until the PSP comes out to get a handeled gaming system!

Nin10doman

Reaction score
I love Nintendo DS. It's the best handheld ever. :)

I was disappointed when I found out that many games were delayed, but there's still some good ones out and a whole lot of GBA games out there.

Jim

Reaction score
-------------------- PSP ---- vs ---- DS ---------------------
battery life ------ 3hrs ----------- 10 hrs
screen(s) -------- 1 nice & big -- two smaller screens
touch screen ---- no ------------- yes
microphone ------ no ------------- yes
wireless ---------- ethernet ----- bluetooth
price -------------- 250 usd ------ 150 usd
games ------------ wierd carts -- cool tiny flash disks
design ------------ sleek ---------- bulky & awkward

Did I miss anything or make any mistakes?

Nin10doman

Reaction score
Auvee said:
I just got the DS like last week, and I have to say, it is pretty damn good. But, I think the PSP is better overall. My friend, a beta tester for the PSP, said that the graphics on the PSP is just as good, if not better, than the Playstation 2. Most of the games on the PS2 don't even use the PS2's maximum graphics capability. So we'll have to see how things go...

-Auvee B.

Yeah, the graphics are pretty, but I don't think it's really worth it. You get load times, shot battery life, more expensive hardware, more exepnsive games ($50 vs. $30), etc etc...

Also, the DS is not "bulky." It's a very nice clamshell design that protects the screens. I like the DS's design alot.

Jim

Reaction score
its twice as big as the gba sp and doesn't fit in my pocket very well. also, when playing gba games on it, I often have to hit the A button which is a bit hard with it so close to the edge.

Nin10doman

Reaction score
Folded, it's width and height are the same as a normal GBA. It's a bit fatter, but oh well.

And the PSP's not much smaller.

And Jim, you must have small pockets then...Being smaller than my graphing calculator, which is in my pocket all day at school, it fits fine.

As for the A button..I've never had a problem. That's like saying it's hard to hit "left" on the control pad.

Jim

Reaction score
Who puts a graphing calculator in their pocket? Crazy? :p Anyway, maybe I have big hands. I just think the design could've been better. Thants all. The normal GBA was large too. The only handhelds larger were the original gameboy and the sega game gear. lol.

spyrorocks

Reaction score
My opioion: I herd that the PSP has errors in it, mainly in the base programming. My friend got one and took it back the next day because the screen had air bubbles in it. I think big screens are nice, but the PSP's screen is too big. Too big that it is prone to things like air bubbles and dead pixels. I just dont think that a luiquid cristal display (Spelling?) is ment to be that big. Shure, some tvs have them, but they are disigned differently. Also, I live in Canada and right now they are asking $450.00 for it!! Plus the cost of a "memory stick". I think that the PSP is a way for Sony to make money on their memory sticks. Im not aganst Sony, in fact, i love everything Sony has, its just that i think they tryed to take on something that is just too expensive for people to actully buy and something that is that prone to errors. The things that i like about the PSP is the fact that you can play music on them and the graphics are exellent. And the 1 hour of battery life against the 10 hours on a ds, well theres no compatishion between that.

(PS- Critisize me as much as you want, but that is my opioion of the PSP. If i was mistaken on one of my comparisens, please just kindly tell me so.)

t72at72a

Reaction score
My brother has a DS, its so great, but i dont realy know how the psp works, and if its any better, the game for the DS hes using is wario touchscreen, which i have played it, and its great

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I don't like it because if you are playing the game like in super mario dubble dash you have to look at the map at the touch screan people on the game will pass you and you might crash! Also the DS is better than the SP on grafics though but they still don't know Cartrages cost a lot of money!