Nintendo Revolution anyone?

Goten X

Reaction score
Nintendo has done something that I now love them even more for. Their little black box is backwards compatible with their NES, SNES, N64, and GCN. This means I can finally play Mega Man X2 and X3 without the 100 dollar price tag it now has. You can now relive your old childhood memories! Is anyone else excited about Nintendo's little black box?

|GX

Eagle

Reaction score
so you can play super nintendo games on the nintendo revolution?

if it can, i can't wait till it comes out

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That is a cool thing... I like how they did that! They will get a lot of money that way!

chaganlal1

Reaction score
i guesss its sumwhere between 200-400 but dont know if it can make up for the ps3 :)

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
The PS3 is going to cost the same as the PS2 when it cam out. Also the Nintendo Revolution will cost bettween 250-350$$ Becasue they will not make it more than that becasue of the compatition bettween Xbox 360 and the PS3 they will both cost 300$ so Nintendo Revolution will not go above that by $100.

drake

Reaction score
I think thats a great idea from Nintendo but i still think it wouldn't match PS3 or Xbox 360 i think this because PS3 and xbox 360 has always had good serious which make you take longer to complete where as Nintendo games are quick and easy yet fun but still not enoug to impress

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
YEs that is true thats why I did not buy a GameCube. I wanted it for CHhristams becasue it had Animal Crossing but when I played the Cube at BestBuy the controller sucked...

Maurice

Reaction score
drake said:
I think thats a great idea from Nintendo but i still think it wouldn't match PS3 or Xbox 360 i think this because PS3 and xbox 360 has always had good serious which make you take longer to complete where as Nintendo games are quick and easy yet fun but still not enoug to impress

Resident Evil 4 packed a good punch :noexpress

Akkarin

Reaction score
Nintendo have only a few games such as Resident Evil and Metroid Prime which are more serious and take longer to cmoplete the rest of their games seem to have a more arcade style theme as you can play it in 2 mins whenever you want.

The backward compatibility decision they made is a good one since people will by the old games and the console!
I don't really like Nintendo myself but it sounds like it's still fighting.
I wonder why their keeping the controller a close guarded secret?

Here are a few images:
igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023040785.jpg

igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023041926.jpg

igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023043066.jpg

drake

Reaction score
i agree with vermillion
and as you can see the console is starting to look bigger maybe it might produce some graphics but u can never judge a book by its cover.

Maurice

Reaction score
Is that a pink NR? :O , I wan't it Navy Blue if possible :D

dsfreak

Reaction score
Yea, since I watched E3, i really liked the fact of backwards compatability, and I thought about wanting it....

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes the Revolutions is keeping there controller for a big suprise thats what they said at E3. I am thinking that they have not designed it yest. Also it is true that you should not judge a book by its cover. The backwards compatibiltiy is also a good idea because many people like old games and they have them so they can play it...