Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
When attempring to access my site

pdlc.x10hosting.com

I get

http://pdlc.x10hosting.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

There should be no issues with Chopin according to the supplied information!

Where's it say there won't be issues with Chopin?

Last Service Alert Update:

Chopin is the only server left to be transferred and it’s currently at 65% done.

Even though some servers are complete we still have a lot of tweaking and setup to do to them. You will most likely see some PHP extensions missing, features of cPanel disappearing and reappearing, etc… Once we are done all the moves and the server updates are complete this page will be updated.

As of 8am yesterday; that last part affects the servers that are done, but Chopin's not done yet.

mavr1c

Reaction score
Thursday, February 4
Current Server Transfers23 hours ago
Here is an update to the migration of four of our free hosting servers (initially discussed here).

•Lotus is finished.
•Starka is about 80% finished.
•Stoli is about 65% finished.
•Chopin has not been started.
If you are experiencing issues and have an account on Lotus, it may be the result of DNS propagation. Please bear with us until Sunday evening, if you continue to experience issues past this time, contact support.

Any accounts on Chopin should not experience downtime until we begin its transfer.

We will keep you posted.

I guess the posting is there somewhere but have yet to find it. Site has been unavailable all day.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Easy to find, Read Update 4 of that post:
Update 4 (8:00p EST Feb 4):
Chopin is the only server left to be transferred and it’s currently at 65% done.

Last edited:

demigoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Easy to find, Read Update 4 of that post:

This is the problem I'm having, I click on the Service Status updates and I see what the OP posted. I do not see what you are quoting.

Where are you finding this? Shouldn't the latest update be at the top of the page and not someplace else? Or, shouldn't it be at least attached to the newest status update.

Help me to find these updates that your quoting so I don't have to waste my time here.

I find the communication here terrible. I am not at all happy with the host, these issues having been going on for months now and this solution to it, has been horrible.

Last edited:

demigoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Now I see it.

I could see the updates before because the updates started at Jan 31rst, I didn't realize that those were part of the same series of notes.

It threw me off because they don't' show on my screen when I'm looking at it, I could not see it or find it.

Thank you for the hint to re-look. Although I suggest giving a bit more explanation in the future. I appreciate your efforts non the less.

Bright Blessings,
Demi

Thursday, February 4
Current Server Transfers1 day ago

Here is an update to the migration of four of our free hosting servers (initially discussed here).

* Lotus is finished.
* Starka is about 80% finished.
* Stoli is about 65% finished.
* Chopin has not been started.

If you are experiencing issues and have an account on Lotus, it may be the result of DNS propagation. Please bear with us until Sunday evening, if you continue to experience issues past this time, contact support.

Any accounts on Chopin should not experience downtime until we begin its transfer.

We will keep you posted.

Update 1 (3:00p EST Jan 31):

* Any issues with Lotus should be resolved. If you are continuing to experience problems, seek support.
* Starka is about 95% transferred.
* Stoli is making slow progress.

Update 2 (1:30a EST Feb 1):

* Starka has finished mostly. A few more hiccups may occur as we fully switch over to the new hardware.
* Stoli is about 75% finished.

Update 3 (4:00p EST Feb 2):

* Starka is 100% complete.
* Lotus is 100% complete.
* Stoli is 100% complete.
* Chopin is 5% complete.

Even though some servers are complete we still have a lot of tweaking and setup to do to them. You will most likely see some PHP extensions missing, features of cPanel disappearing and reappearing, etc… Once we are done all the moves and the server updates are complete this page will be updated.

Last edited:

mavr1c

Reaction score
I guess I am not used to cryptic messages like 65% done indicating a total loss of service for more than a day.

The explanation of what to expect and perhaps the duration of the service being lost would have been helpful (in advance). Even the responses after the problem report have no indication of what might be a reasonable expectation. I guess I am expecting too much from change management for a free service. Periodic disruption to service is understandable but losing it entirely seems excessive.
A maintenance message indicating system is in upgared mode along with expected uptime; instead of 404 message or CPanel pop up, would avoid a problem report and provide assurance that someone is aware and actually cares.

neoshadowwolf

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess this is why I cannot log into Cpanel. I even reset my password and it won't work. And yes, my account was set to the Chopin server. I suppose this will take some time before I can update anything else on my website.

amvarchitecture

Reaction score
I really wish X10 would notify people when they are about to do something like this. It's idiotic not to notify all of their many customers.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that x10hosting has a reasonable expectation that the users will read the service alerts and news in these forums. I kept up with the news threads and understood that this server migration might last all through February. It's not hard to understand that there will be some down time when changes are happening. Staff has been responding to these support threads to get problems sorted while this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.