No knowledge of web design

micrick

Reaction score
I just signed up with x10 lastnight and have absolutely no knowledge of html or php or any sort of web design. Is there a super easy software out there for a dummy like me to use to build a small site to promote my personal home based internet business? I would appreciate any advice.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
I think x10 has a site builder, I've never used it so thats about as much as I know. Other than that it seems that your looking for a WYSISWG kind of program, in which case I have no knowledge of. If your willing to learn a bit of HTML and CSS, templates may be something worth looking at. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You can also download and set up a cms such as Joomla or Drupal that offer a e-commerce plugin.

fguy64

Reaction score
What software do you already have on your computer? Programs such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher have a feature to save as .html which might do the trick. They aren't perfect, but as long as you keep it simple you should be ok.

That being said, if you have the time it is in your interest to learn a little html. It's not rocket science, far from it.

There are many sites that offer free tutorials. I think this one is just fine. The lessons are very easy to follow, with a step by step approach to building a web page.

http://www.pagetutor.com/index.html

Last edited:

haslam1

Reaction score
try micrsoft expression web trial only 60 day's but thats engough time it's easy to use easy to learn and is newbie freindly
or use the one on your cpanel
or i could design it for you but if you want no cost then you prob won't choose me
what is the business?
do you need e commerce?

monpire

Reaction score
There is one more option for you: try wix, you can build a good looking full flash website relatively easy using their templates - in an hour or less. Took me half an hour to put together a fully functional test site. BUT I'm familiar with Flash, so my learning curve was a lot smaller. If you never touch a website before, it might take you a little longer to get used to it.

Everything is graphical, you can drag and drop most of the things. One last thing, if you're using FireFox - it won't work too well, try using IE.

Good luck

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
the best way of making website with no web designing knowledge is to use auto installers such as wordpress, phpwebsite etc....

the_site

Reaction score
Google
HTML tuts on various sites, and yes most web hosts gives out * free subdomains, fast and easy web tools to install your database that can provide an easy environment to make a website for your small internet business*

drtinio.bnc31

Reaction score
You can make basic sites using Wordpress or Joomla. It's really easy. And you can use predefined themes.