Noobie website... how to remove the frames...

ScoobyDoo555

Reaction score
Hello,
I've put together a little website, and my main issue is that somehow I've ended working with frames:(

Obviously, this screws up the whole search engine thing.....

Can somebody please point me in the right direction for removing them.

The website is http://www.daproductions.co.uk

I used DreamWeaver CS4 (on Mac) fwiw :)

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Regards,

Scoob :)

Submariner

Reaction score
I don't see any frames. You have areas set up in DIV blocks and each link goes to a separate page so the search engines shouldn't have an issue with it.

If you have any HTML source page that has <FRAME or <IFRAME in it then you are using frames and links will designate what frame name to go to.

Your site looks OK

James

ScoobyDoo555

Reaction score
Many thanks for the comments :)

hmm. I *thought* there weren't any frames, however, a lot of people on some other forums are saying that there are frames :(

So, IF I put in some metatag data, I should be laughing then.... Google et al should be quite happy with that....

Or not?

And of course, one final question - WHERE do I put the metatags :biggrin:

Cheers,

Scoob ;)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
meta tags go in the <head> section.

The problem with frames is when search engine spiders look at your site, they only see the page, not the frames. So if you have one page, index.html, with 200 frames, and I do a search for your site, there is 1 match, index.html, and not anything else.

If you don't care about this, then you are fine.

ScoobyDoo555

Reaction score
Soo, forgive my ignorance, but surely then as long as metatags go in the index.html, regardless of the frames, the search engine will find my index page......

This may not be a problem, as I would want people to go to my index page first......

Or have I got it wrong?

freecrm

Reaction score
Whooooa there - this is a problem!!

Just to clarify (I have this problem with another site)...

If you have a main account, say www.mysite.com with root and subfolders, the main index in the root will show normally.

If you then set up another site, using the same folders (i.e. ./anothersite/index.htm) but as another domain name (www.anothersite.com), the index file in the subfolder will be parsed using frames.

Another example.... www.sapphirecurtains.co.uk. This site is in fact an index within a much larger group that all fit under the same account and same root.

This does provide SE problems and the meta-tags ARE NOT read as they should be.

There may be other ways round this but the only solution I can think of is to have it hosted as a seperate account.

If you view your site from the html subfolder, there are no issues. Maybe just try to put the index directly into your root folder.

http://www.daproductions.x10hosting.com/index.html (There isn't one here currently!)

Last edited:

ScoobyDoo555

Reaction score
Ahh there MAY be a problem then. X10hosting don't like index pages being put in the root folder......
Tried this before!! :grin:
or am I talking "hogwash" ;)

Scoob

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
I think you need to put your website files in the public_html folder.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you need to put your website files in the public_html folder.

exactly. your /home/USERNAME/ (aka root) folder is only accessible via cpanel or FTP.

/home/USERNAME/public_html is accessible to the public via html.

ctadmin

Reaction score
I know you're not asking for your site to be rated. But, your logo is huge. I have to scroll over to the right to see the whole thing (1024x768 res.).

Agenator

Reaction score
Just a heads up, I have a pretty fast internet connection and it took a while to load this site (perhaps b/c I'm on the west coast of US and your in the UK but I digress). Just as a suggestion you might want to scale down the graphics abit. Perhpas centering the header would like nice aswell. Great website overall, you got talent kid.

ScoobyDoo555

Reaction score
Nice one chaps and thanks for the positive comments :)

I'll have a look later this week - work's getting in the way ;)