Not Able to edit the files

Status
Not open for further replies.

godima

Reaction score
I installed phpBB3 for my site but the default theme is very simple and so I was trying to customize the theme, but the problem is I'm not able to edit the files. The file permissions are 644, so basically I must be able to edit them but nothing happens. I removed a chunk of code from a template, and the code was removed but the site is still rendering the code. I think something is not right, and so please check my permissions. I'm not able to do any customization because of what is happening.

Folders are 755

Files are 644

I also cleared the browser's cache, but no go

Please help, please

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
To be able to edit files from something other than cPanel, the permissions on the files must be 666.

godima

Reaction score
I was trying to edit the files from cPanel only and I also changed the permissions to 777, but I'm still getting the old display. I really don't know what is happening, and I hope you can help me.

Thanks
Edit:
Any Administrator/Account Manager who can help me?

Thanks

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll need to read the phpBB documentation. You might have to 'recache' the templates.

godima

Reaction score
I will read the phpBB documentation on how to refresh the template, but can you please tell me if the code editor in cPanel is working fine or not?

The reason why I'm asking is because it's not displaying the html tags properly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.