Not able to receive emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmall

Reaction score
Hi,
I am again having problems in receiving mails for my addon domain chillzee.com.

I have Joomla installed in my domain and I am able to send mails to users but the same mail is not getting delivered to my email inbox.

I have set up google aps for my domain. There was some issue last week but everything looked to be fine couple of days back. But now again I am having the same issue.:sad:

Can someone please look into this issue?

TIA.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi,
I am again having problems in receiving mails for my addon domain chillzee.com.

I have Joomla installed in my domain and I am able to send mails to users but the same mail is not getting delivered to my email inbox.

I have set up google aps for my domain. There was some issue last week but everything looked to be fine couple of days back. But now again I am having the same issue.:sad:

Can someone please look into this issue?

TIA.

Hi mgmall,

SMTP on your server is not having any issues right now.

Could you send an email to adam at parkzer.co.cc? Once I receive it, I will reply to it so you can check if emails from my account are able to arrive. If my reply arrives, the problem is with the people that are sending you the emails, not your incoming email. I suggest this because there have been users the past that have been able to receive my emails but not others'.

- Adam

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say you setup google apps, did you make changes to your MX entries or anything?

mgmall

Reaction score
Hi Adam / Corey,
Thanks for your reply.

This is my problem. In my Joomla site when I use Contact Us (http://www.chillzee.com/contact-us) or use Virtue mart's "Ask a question about this product" (For eg. http://www.chillzee.com/shopping/enquiry/6/17/white-&-red-teddy-bear) form, the mail is sent successfully to the user but the site admin (admin@chillzee.com) is not receiving the mails.

But if I send a mail directly from my gmail account to admin@chillzee.com, I have no issues in receiving the mail.

And in my joomla settings, I have set 'PHP Mail function' as the default Mailer.
I have not tried sendmail or SMTP options yet. If we can use sendmail or SMTP server also can you please let me know what is the sendmail path and SMTP host name? I will try those options also.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Edit:
When you say you setup google apps, did you make changes to your MX entries or anything?

Hi Corey,
I have been using google apps for a long time and this my MX entry for chillzee.com

chillzee.com
arrowto.gif

0ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
1ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
2ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
3ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
4ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
5ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
6ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM

BTW, I did change the priority of the entries. Earlier it was starting from 20 and now I set it from 0.
Edit:
Ok, I was able to fix this myself. I guess this is specific to google apps :(

Both the contact us and product inquiry mailing functions were setting the sender email address. I think Google apps doesn't like this anymore.
When I set the from email address to the actual email address i.e my domain's email address in the code, everything works perfectly. Ans this should do for me :)

Adam and Correy thanks a lot for looking into this :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.