Not enough databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzballer8385

Reaction score
So x10 allows 2 subdomains and one domain, but only 2 databases. I've already used up my two databases on my main domain and the first subdomain.

How can I build up my third subdomain without the databse?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Table Prefixes. Most CMS/Forum software supports adding a prefix to their table names, such as wp1_ wp2_ etc. These allow more than 1 CMS/Forum to be ran out of the same database.

Check if the software you're using supports it; if it does, see if it already has prefixes set up. If it does, just make sure whatever the new software is uses a different one (most software I've seen lets you pick the table prefix; wordpress by default is wp_, but during install you can change it to whatever you want).

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If your cPanel name is igor, first database could be igor_alpha.

If you install wordpress on your first domain, tell it the name of the database is igor_alpha and to use a table prefix of wp1_ .
If you install joomla on you second domain, tell it the name of the database is igor_alpha and to use the table prefix of jo1_
If you install drupal on you third domain, tell it the name of the database is igor_alpha and to use the table prefix of dru_

Three domains. Three scripts. And you only needed one database. x10hosting gives you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.