Not Loose Credits for Editing

mattblog

Reaction score
I've just been wondering why we loose credits for editing. I dont know this for sure but people have said so and i have seen it myself. what if someone is adding more info on. I remember being told by an admin not to double post but to edit, doesn't this go against that.

Just wondering
Matt,

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Had not noticed that but I hope you are wrong. Sometimes I re-read my own posts shortly after posting and then find a typo or something else I want to change.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I get -10 for editing in crossfire.-1 in forum games section.Around -3 in free hosting support.If I edit same post in crossfire twice I will get -20.Look at my credit you will know.I am using opera mini on mobile.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
That is strange. Be interesting to hear explanation from somebody who knows the actual reason for that. Does not make sense to me.

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
Yah i do that all the time.

Like im weird. When i type i just type, i dont really edit until the end. when it comes to the end, i just post. Sometimes i forget to edit and spellcheck so i edit and spellcheck but i don`t want to do that now.

Like im not 100% sure but ive noticed it ever once in a while and it kind of confuses me.

So when someone else commented on it and i saw it, i knew it wasnt just me. Plus that could explain part of the `- credits `

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I just edited my previous post. Checked credits before and after edit. Did not see any change. Does this happen to you on every edit? Also, has it happened recently? Maybe it was a bug somebody found and fixed.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I do not doubt that what you say is true. I was just trying to get as much information as possible about the issue. Somebody at staff level will probably read this thread soon and some of my questions are the same they would ask in order to diagnose the problem.

Carl

lkkjkll

Reaction score
I've just been wondering why we loose credits for editing. I dont know this for sure but people have said so and i have seen it myself. what if someone is adding more info on. I remember being told by an admin not to double post but to edit, doesn't this go against that.

Just wondering
Matt,

nice info. thank you

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If I double post, then I get negative credit too.For me double post means if I posted something 5 minutes before and added my another comment before anybody replied to that.I tried to use it as an alternative to editing, but I think this credit system has become very disciplined and restrictive.

mattblog

Reaction score
plus if you have a post and you post on it. No one posts on it and you forgot to add some info. But its been 3 days so you cant edit your post anymore so you have to double post???

shigekims12

Reaction score
I sometimes miss spelling mistakes until I've hit post, and when I see the error, I want to go and fix it. I don't think that there should be negative motivation for editing posts.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Now I am not loosing credits for editing.Please reset my credits.I am not asking for compensation just make it 0.It is better to have no reputation rather than having negative reputation.

mattblog

Reaction score
yup, i dont know how it got that far down but it makes you look bad lol