Not receiving email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray.beech42

Reaction score
Unable to get email. The issue started with webid cronjob and not receiving confirmation e-mail to my email address.

The email address in cron email was set to my username. I changed the username to my gmail account and read a support thread that stated that hotmail and gmail accounts may not work.

I changed the email address to my only hosted email account with you and I am still unable to receive email. I tried sending an email straight to my hosted email account and I still do not receive email.

My cronjob appears to be working according to the cron text log I have created.

Any issues with receiving e-mail?

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-30-2011 at 07:49 PM ----------

Able to receive email from my accounts now, however I am still unable to receive email from my cron jobs.

cpanel cron looks like:

*/5 * * * *

command:
/usr/bin/php /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/batch.php >> /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/cronlog.txt 2>&1

Where my_hosting_username is replaced with my hosting username.

output to cronlog.txt looks like:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=bbd16aae73dc4185698e6c28ecf082ce; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Content-type: text/html

So I am assuming (big word) that cron is working, but I still do not receive any email.

I tried using the following in Cron Command:
/usr/bin/php -f /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/batch.php >> /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/cronlog.txt 2>&1

however received the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent in /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/includes/common.inc.php on line 15
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/includes/common.inc.php:15) in /home/my_hosting_username/public_html/includes/common.inc.php on line 15

Removing -f from the cron command resolves the above mention error and allowing the above cronlog.txt output again but still no email.

Anyway I can get cron to email me?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
what is in batch.php?
(use the [php][/php] bbcode tags and copy/paste the code in the middle)

ray.beech42

Reaction score
PHP:
<?php
/***************************************************************************
 *   copyright    : (C) 2008, 2009 WeBid
 *   site     : http://www.webidsupport.com/
 ***************************************************************************/
/***************************************************************************
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *   (at your option) any later version. Although none of the code may be
 *   sold. If you have been sold this script, get a refund.
 ***************************************************************************/
include 'includes/common.inc.php';
include 'cron.php';
?>

Thanks in advance and sorry for the delay.

RR

ray.beech42

Reaction score
I removed the cron job and added in, and still had the same issue.

I am now receiving the following error in cronlog.txt
Can't do setuid (cannot exec sperl)
Can't do setuid (cannot exec sperl)

I browsed through a thread that stated it was a known issue and admins were working (back from 2010)
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/149436-cron-jobs-not-working-cronlog-attached.html

But I also read in a thread that Perl is not supported on the free hosting. Is this true?
I checked the main page and Perl is included, however when you click the comparison chart Perl is not.
A little misleading.
How difficult is it to move to Premier or Illuminated Services?

Thanks in Advance,
RR

ray.beech42

Reaction score
Think I am three posts short in this thread. hmmm maybe two - it was a late one last night.

Browsing through some threads I did find two possible solutions to my issue. The first one that I ran into stated that it was a server issue (same error I am receiving or was before service went down) and the admins were aware of it. The only bad thing was it was an old thread 6 months or older.

The second thread stated that perl was not supported on the Free hosting service. That's odd because I could have sworn I double checked to see if PHP and Perl were supported. The main page for Free Hosting Singup states PHP, MySQL, ASP, .NET, Python, Perl. However when you click on the comparison link for your services (which I did not) Perl is not listed as an option for Free Webhosting.

So my question has changed is Perl supported by the free webhosting service?
If it is not then that would explain why I am not receiving my emails correctly through my cronjob. I would then ask how difficult would it be to transfer free hosting to paid hosting? Meaning are you able to transfer the content for me?

If Perl is supported on the free webhosting service than I will have to post more information later when I can log into everything again.

Thanks again,
RR

Status
Not open for further replies.