Not sure if that's OK with TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazza6

Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on a little open source game (2.5MB) and I'd like to host it's homepage here with a link to source forge (or direct link if that's ok? It has to do with the website I guess). The game sends a HTTP post request to a php script that puts the data in a mySQL database which can be retrieved as a generated text/csv file (does that count as game script?)

The reason I ask is because I've stuck with x10 since I found it many years ago, I don't want to look for another free web host and if the game starts to become popular, getting banned/suspended here would likely ruin it all... If it becomes very popular of course I could put ads and pay for premium hosting if I need to, but it wouldn't make sense to pay for hosting when I'm not getting any money.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I don't see any issues with what you described.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The only concern I can see here is you might run into an issue with high resource usage if you're generating the CSV file every time it's requested, but only if the site gets a sizable number of hits. If that starts causing an issue you may want to run a cron-job to generate the file once every 5 minutes, then just serve the pre-generated one (it's something I did with a signature on these forums a few years ago, cause generating it every hit would've been bad :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.