Not Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosty

Reaction score
Hi guys

I can login fine here, as well as my Account Management Panel. But i can't get to my site (i get a 504 Gateway Timeout error) and neither can i reach my cPanel (i get a "the connection has timed out' error)

My Account Manager Panel shows me as unsuspended and the server (stoli - ad enhanced) fully up and running. Also in the 'Server Alerts' sub-forum i can't find anything that might cause this (except that smtp seems to be down. could that be the cause?)

Any ideas?

Thank you

ghosty
http://slippinsweet.x10hosting.com

Chris73

Reaction score
I can see your site fine. It loads for me fast. I would suggest clearing your browser cache files and flushing your DNS.

ghosty

Reaction score
I can see your site fine. It loads for me fast. I would suggest clearing your browser cache files and flushing your DNS.
You can?? Daaamn... lol

I did as you suggested - except i don't know how to flush my DNS - and still can't see it. Can you see my cpanel? Seems i can see every site in the world except mine and my CPanel. Just seems strange to me. Both starting with slippinsweet.x10

Well if you can see it i'm buggered. Really don't know what it could be then (on my side) and this is not part of your job, so sorry for being a pain, but if you could just let me know if you can also reach my CPanel?

http://slippinsweet.x10hosting.com:2082

Thank you

Chris73

Reaction score
Yea i went right to your cpanel as well. The simple way to flush a DNS would be to goto network connections, right click on your local network and click repair.

Last edited:

mitamata

Reaction score
I'm having issues on stoli as well today. For the most part, things will load REALLY slowly, only occasionaly they load fast. And it's not just the website, it's also the cpanel. I'm trying to use phpMyAdmin, but that works slow as well, sometimes it won't even load (it times out). The connection to my ftp client keeps getting lost as well.
The server status (when it actually loads) says everything's fine (except for Disk /dev/sdb3 (/usr) 100 % ), but it's clearly not.

EDIT: Just wanted to add it's been doing this for a while now (maybe the last hour) and it's only getting worse, pages fail to load more often. And I know it's not my connection/computer because my fiance is experiencing the same thing and he's on another continent.

Last edited:

ghosty

Reaction score
Yea i went right to your cpanel as well. The simple way to flush a DNS would be to goto network connections, right click on your local network and click repair.

Nope Chris. Nothing. But this guy might have a point?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added the SA proxy IPs to the allow list.

stokboss

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issues from South Africa. If I use an anonymous web proxy the issues are resolved.

I cannot access my website from

and

Last edited:

ghosty

Reaction score
I added the SA proxy IPs to the allow list.
Thanks for the trouble Corey but unfortunately i still can't access my CPanel or my site :dunno:

If this is an IP blocked problem I doubt if adding only those 4 IP's given will cover it, as SAIX uses hundreds (thousands?) of them, and changes them frequently (i've had up to 4 different IP's in one hour and always got kicked out of my previous IPB board's admin panel because of it lol)

It would probably need the whole range of 198.*.*.* and 196.*.*.* (i hope/think)

I have no idea what the problem can be, but my logic tells me that if the problem was on my side (or the South African side even) i wouldn't be able to access any site on the web. Yet it is only these two that i can't get to? (cpanel and the site itself) And I only started having this problem since yesterday(maybe the day before). Before that everything worked fine. Why can i log in here and to my account manager panel but not those two? And i see more South Africans here with the same problem.

Unfortunately i don't know anything about these things, so yeah.. I'm confused! :nuts::biggrin:

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added the IP ranges listed here to the allow list. The list updates every hour, let me know if it works now.

ghosty

Reaction score
I added the IP ranges listed here to the allow list. The list updates every hour, let me know if it works now.

Thanks for all your trouble man, but apparently that isn't the problem then, as i still can't reach either my site or cPanel directly. (meaning that by using a proxy - web based or tor - i can)

I'm afraid i can't give you any more information than what i have already (those 2 errors i get that i mentioned in my opening post and the 'by proxy' thing), so i don't know what now.

Daaamn! :biggrin:

stokboss

Reaction score
Latest from my side:

I can now access my cpanel.
I can now access my website although a php curl() routine is causing new problems (will leave for another thread)

Thanks Corey

ghosty

Reaction score
Are you able to see anything at http://stoli.x10hosting.com ?

Hi Corey. I'm sure you feel like running away already. Lol

The answer is still no, i cant load that page either. (once again i can when using tor). By now I now this flippin message by heart... I'm having dreams about it :biggrin:
Gateway Timeout

The following error occurred:
Code:
 A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. 
[/B]

Please contact the administrator.

mvamedia

Reaction score
ey corey, i was able t0 l0gin t0 my cpanel this m0rning t0 l0ad index.file 0n it. wil let u knw if s0methng stil have bugs in regards t0 this
Edit:
Gh0st try deleting al ur temp folderz etc. including the pasw0rds, ssl, and in form stuff, in y0ur br0werser, then close brwrser and restart compter, then in full write ur adres eg. http: etc. maybe that wil help. .

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I added a few more ranges to the list.

The problem is there was a ton of abuse coming from SA so we had to block the whole country from accessing the servers. I'm allowing certain ranges back through.

-Corey

ghosty

Reaction score
The problem is there was a ton of abuse coming from SA..
-Corey

Oh boy.. don't know what to say to that. What a pity though.

But at least I can bring you some good news. I managed to get to my site! Hee-haaa!! Here's how it went...

Of the 5 times I've tried since reading your answer above just now, I got to it 3 times. Seems there are still some ranges that I get allocated on that's not accepted by the server. Also, it's excruciatingly slow? But it's a start!

As for reaching my cPanel... unfortunately that's still a no go.

Thank you for everything so far Corey! Especially your patience with this.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can keep telling me the IPs that are blocked I can keep on adding ranges until we get them all. I just can't unblock the whole country due to the excessive abuse that was coming from there.

ghosty

Reaction score
Ok, haven't been able to reach my site again since your post. I've been checking through the day what my ip is at those 'what is my ip' type sites, and so far this is what i have...

External IP:
Proxy:
I don't know what an 'external ip' is

:happysad:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Added those ranges. Firewalls will be updated within an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.