notification before suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

getyourshirt

Reaction score
Is there somewhere an option where I can configure to get an email notification to login into the forums every two weeks as a reminder if I forget?

I am very busy at the moment and lots of real life heading my way. Two weeks just flying away. A reminder would be helpful.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are working on this with the next revision of the account panel. We do not currently have a firm ETA on it though.

-Corey

getyourshirt

Reaction score
thanks for the replies...good to know that you are working on it. And yes I already made appointments in my thunderbird calendar in case I forget it again.

zen-r

Reaction score
For people with a Gmail or Google Account - you can also easily set up notifications of various sorts within the Calendar feature. :)

getyourshirt

Reaction score
ah ok I didn't know that. Good that I made a gmail account just a couple of days ago. Thanks for the info

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, checks logging on to cPanel, but for now run a daily cron job on:

PHP:
DEFINE( 'DAY' , 60*60*24 ) ;
DEFINE( 'WARNING_DATE' , 12 );

$last_login = filectime( '/home/YOUR_USERNAME/.lastlogin' ) ;
$now = time() ;

$diff = $now - $last_login ;

$days_since = ceil( $diff / DAY ) ;

if( $days_since >= WARNING_DATE ){

YOUR CODE HERE TO SEND E-MAIL REMINDER 

}

nbwebmaster

Reaction score
If you use outlook you can do it with the calendar feature, or use Mozilla Thunderbird with a calendar add-on (such as lightning).

davearonson

Reaction score
Or if you have a Hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail account, those come with calendars too that you can use to set up reminders.

Or if you have a taggable bookmark system, like the one on iGoogle, maybe you can tag which ones should be visited on what days. I do that mainly with web comic strips, but I also have the x10 forums in my Monday set. Visiting them every ONE week, is a good way to make DARN sure I visit them at least ONCE every two.... ;-)

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.