Null Script Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

shriper

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering why my account got suspended. The reason given was "Null Script" I am not running any "scripts" other than the one which come with cpanel.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
What type of website did you run?

shriper

Reaction score
I run a forum which contains reviews, criticisms and opinions regarding a specific developer and his software.

gameserv15

Reaction score
phpbb is free isnt?

i want to use it but after i heard this i get an other forum script

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
We can have an admin look into why. phpbb is defiantly free.

shriper

Reaction score
I don't think I use phpbb but another one provided by x10hosting (might be based off of phpbb). Even so, first line of the wiki for phpbb says it's free software. I installed the forum software straight from x10hosting's cpanel so I have no idea why I get the null script suspension.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you wish to appeal this suspension?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There appears to have been an official DMCA claim against you.
Dear Sir/Madam
A user who is using your free hosting for his forum to promote a cracked (warez) version of my software (Wizbot) which has copyrights under the US copyright Office http://www.copyright.gov/.
I would kindly ask that you have this hosting plan suspended immediately and all copyright material regarding Wizbot removed immediately as it is in direct violation of your ToS (Terms of Service) and US Copyright Laws.
The forum url is: http://wizinfo.x10hosting.com/forums
Kind Regards
Scott Clarke

Got in touch with one of the admins and that was the official reason for the suspension.

To be blunt, you're more than welcome to attempt a dispute on this, but it's an -official- DMCA complaint that only the actual x10hosting Staff can receive, view, and act upon, and appear to have done so. That's going to make any dispute pretty much one-sided since it was not an automatic suspension - someone had to manually put it on.

Edit 1: I've been the victim of a copyright infringement warning as well, so I should attribute the above quote to who I quoted it from:

(C) 2010 Corey

Last edited:

shriper

Reaction score
This individual has not filed for his software to be copyrighted in the United States and is not eligible for protection under it's copyright laws. I respectfully request this individual provide evidence of his copyright in the United States. Secondly, I have never posted a link to any "cracked" version of this software. The links on my forums are to a linux application while this individual's software is "windows" based.

His claims are no merit and I wish to appeal the suspension and ask for the individual claiming copyright infringement provide more evidence then just a claim.

EDIT: If this is not enough, I will gladly remove any links from my forums that alleged copyright owner claims contain the "cracked" software.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Escalating to support ticket where admins can sort out this issue.
To view the support ticket, click on the yellow bar at the top of this thread.
*****Escalating Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.