Numeric IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

asshu

Reaction score
please tell me the easy process to use my own domain .It's better if you give the numeric IP address .I will edit my settings to my domain by using Zoneedit.com .

xPlozion

Reaction score
first of all, this is the wrong section. are you trying to use your domain name on your computers server or x10's?. x10's nameservers are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

gptsven

Reaction score
please tell me the easy process to use my own domain .It's better if you give the numeric IP address .I will edit my settings to my domain by using Zoneedit.com .

your post doesnt rly make any sense. care to explain a little instead of just stating what you want

asshu

Reaction score
your post doesnt rly make any sense. care to explain a little instead of just stating what you want
Sir ,

I am sorry for my senseless queston. I have my own doamin which i want to use for the site hosted with x10hosting .Generally if i want to use it ,i should change the name servers in my CPanel .write ? But i am willing to use the Zoneedit.com and point my doamin to numeric IP of x10hosting or change the alias and cname of my domain to the domain of x10hosting .So that i can also use my actual sub -doamins and email provided by my domain registrar.

For this i need the numeric ID of x10hosting.com .So that i can use Zoneedit.com and point my domain to that numeric ID or else if it's not possible just let me know whther my domain works if i just change the cname records to this x10's .

vol7ron

Reaction score
change your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com and in your domain registrar have it pointing to your subdoman.x10hosting.com page

asshu

Reaction score
Dear sir !
I knew that i need to change the name servers .But please read my request carefully .I asked that i want to use zoneedit.com in my previous request .So that i can use my domain registrar's cpanel in future.

Last edited:

blobtech

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have a similar setup (if I understood the question right) for my account. I have the DNS set at my registrar instead of x10hostings NS servers.

This is how to do it:

1. The IP of your server can be found in the stats section of your cpanel (left side, click the top bar to expand, it should be somewhere down)

2. Create a new A record pointing to that IP at Zoneedit.com

3. Go to your cpanel domain section -> Addon domains.

4. Add a new addon domain with the same domain as your A record.
This is neccary because x10hosting uses shared servers, once you have added it, the server will recognise that requests for your domain should be served from your account.

5. You are all set now. Just wait untill the A record gets to DNS servers around the world (usually about 1 hour, mostly not more then 24 hours).

Be aware though that the server IP may change at any time, and you would have to update the A record again. (Not that this happens alot, but the chance exists)

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
again, why point it to an IP address when you can point it to your x10 hosting name? If the IP switches, you don't have to worry about it, x10 will.

asshu

Reaction score
again, why point it to an IP address when you can point it to your x10 hosting name? If the IP switches, you don't have to worry about it, x10 will.

Sir ,

I f i change the name servers directly .I will have to lose my other sub domains and email ID given by registrar .that's why i asked for numeric IP to use the zoneedit.com's service.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Sir ,

I f i change the name servers directly .I will have to lose my other sub domains and email ID given by registrar .that's why i asked for numeric IP to use the zoneedit.com's service.

Dear sir !
I knew that i need to change the name servers .But please read my request carefully .I asked that i want to use zoneedit.com in my previous request .So that i can use my domain registrar's cpanel in future.

Sir ,

I am sorry for my senseless queston. I have my own doamin which i want to use for the site hosted with x10hosting .Generally if i want to use it ,i should change the name servers in my CPanel .write ? But i am willing to use the Zoneedit.com and point my doamin to numeric IP of x10hosting or change the alias and cname of my domain to the domain of x10hosting .So that i can also use my actual sub -doamins and email provided by my domain registrar.

For this i need the numeric ID of x10hosting.com .So that i can use Zoneedit.com and point my domain to that numeric ID or else if it's not possible just let me know whther my domain works if i just change the cname records to this x10's .

See, my friend, if you wish to set up your own domain, you need the numeric IP as you said. You will get it in your cPanel in the Hosting Information bar. With this you make a A record to the correct domain. However, you cannot use hostnames in the case of A records.
Or else please point your name server to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.
CNAME records are not supported.

If you have problems, please PM me with your subdomain name and the domain you want to addon. I will send you the correct DNS configuration ASAP.

Please press +rep button if you find me helpful!

vol7ron

Reaction score
I think if you really would like to know, you need to put in a Support Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.