nVidia Users: Free Steam Games

xPlozion

Reaction score
Well, sorry any ATI users... only nVidia users will benefit from this offer. This promo has been around for a while, but I just found it today, while noticing that Peggle Extreme was on the updates page and a Google search, and figured _someone_ could benefit from it.

If you have Steam and a GeForce card, you can get:

-Half Life 2: Deathmatch
-Half Life 2: Lost City
-Portal: The First Slice
-Peggle Extreme

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_orangebox_promo.html

EDIT:

Futher Google searching finds that ATI uses can get deathmatch and lost city, but not the other 2
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This is actually some really old news for me. That's been out for about a year now.

xPlozion

Reaction score
u play hl2:dm much? since that's the only free multiplayer game they have.

timur

Reaction score
I think, not sure, but if you have any halflife2 engine game you can play all the hl2 mods, golden eye source, black mesa source, garry's mod 9, mario kart source, alot of coop(attempts) source and such and such source.
So yeah its pretty good actually.

warlordste

Reaction score
thats been around awhile but if you but a game from steam you end up getting them any way i got team fortress and got them for nothing

xPlozion

Reaction score
I think, not sure, but if you have any halflife2 engine game you can play all the hl2 mods, golden eye source, black mesa source, garry's mod 9, mario kart source, alot of coop(attempts) source and such and such source.
So yeah its pretty good actually.
yea, they say that hl2:dm is one of the games that you can use as a source engine, which means you can get a lot of the mods without paying anything due to this offer.

thats been around awhile but if you but a game from steam you end up getting them any way i got team fortress and got them for nothing
please clarify, cause i'm interested.

Criptex

Reaction score
yeah... about that.. I'm really interested too... I downloaded those free games... but I heard that you can get all of them for free... but I donno if that's a lie... cuz i've tried to research something about it, but I can't find any good information... :happysad:

warlordste

Reaction score
well it was on the steam website can't remember the proper url i will find it out and post the link :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Ohhh, Portal!

It's only the first 4-5 levels of the entire game though, so while it is nice and introduces you to the game, don't be surprised when it goes back to the main menu all of a sudden. :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
It's only the first 4-5 levels of the entire game though, so while it is nice and introduces you to the game, don't be surprised when it goes back to the main menu all of a sudden. :)
yea, i was like "what the...‽‽‽", then i realized that it was just the demo. btw, they preload the full version of it, but you have to purchase it to become available. i only play hl2dm from time to time, and maybe peggle extreme when i'm really bored... i've been all about grid as of late :D

Jeremia0

Reaction score
is there any offers like this anywhere else? I really really want to get my hands on more games

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, not for steam afaik... i would love to know too, but the only other offer was when i bought my video card from newegg, and it had cod4 included (should have waited another month and got cod5 and 4)

Jeremia0

Reaction score
is there a way to spoof your hardware information (make it look like you have another type of graphics card?)

anger2headshot

Reaction score
Portal First Slice and Peggle Extreme became free to everyone ages ago, so now this deal isn't as good.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
cool, thanks for sharing - probably going to be weird playing the real version of Portal after playing the Flash version, heh