Odd youtube situation, need advice please!

What should I do about their similar name?

• Ignore

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Alliance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conrontation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Agenator

Reaction score
So I just ran across an odd youtube situation. I have my own account (creepyeyestudios) and run my own website under the same name http://www.creepyeyestudios.com . However while browsing youtube today I ran across a similar page called creepyeyefilms. They have more videos but no website (at least on google) and no copyright anywhere on their pages (while I copyright all content on my site that I can). My question is what I should do in this situation. I can see three possible routes that I could take:
1st: Work with them and provide crosslinking from their youtube page to my sight
Negative Reasons: They dont have as many views as my videos do and seem to be less popular, but on the flip side it could avoid a confrontation.
2nd: Get them to change their name:
Negative Reasons: Could turn ugly, both parties are unlikely to back down (hey I have money in this) and they would have to reupload their vids. Plus its not really nice :p
3rd: Ignore them in hopes that they wont try and conront me later on if somehow by a strange miracle actually start making money off of my site.
Negatives: Obviously they could probably find some way to sue me in an attempt to make a claim if they really are nasty.

So lemme know what you think.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
A copyright does not cover a name. A trademark does.

I highly doubt they would try to do anything over a username and I wouldn't suggest doing anything.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just pick a different username such as creepyeyestudios and upload videos under that account, simple enough. I'm not sure how happy someone else will be to see that their account is under attack by someone wanting the name. So basically ignore it, but if you want to see about an alliance with them if they have similar videos to what you want to upload, I'm sure you and that person can work something out.

Last edited:

mpband

Reaction score
Just pick a different username such as creepyeyestudios and upload videos under that account, simple enough. I'm not sure how happy someone else will be to see that their account is under attack by someone wanting the name. So basically ignore it, but if you want to see about an alliance with them if they have similar videos to what you want to upload, I'm sure you and that person can work something out.

I think you misread the question, Agenator said that he already had his account but was worried that the similar names could cause trouble later on. Not that he wanted to use the same name....
I agree with ignore btw