[OFF] Free .mac-style storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Apple offers online file storage through their .mac service. The cool thing is, you can sync files on your desktop to your .mac account. Problem is... it isn't free and it only works on Apple computers.

There is an alternative! Box.net offers 1GB of free online file storage with some awesome features. Box.net allows you to browse your files online, from any computer. Soon, you'll be able to sync files on your desktop with your box.net account making sure you always have access to the most up to date version of your most important files. Box.net doesn't have advertisments, has an easy to use interface and tons of cool features. Check it out now! Box.net

Cynical

Reaction score
Why is this in Marketplace? Looks interesting though, I'm definitely going to look into it, thanks for the recommendation :) .

EDIT: Signing up now, this will be very useful for sharing files between my desktop and laptop computers until I have a LAN set up.

Last edited:

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
So that is what this can be used for! I wqas wondering beyond my wits what this was useful for! No more transfering files to my PSP, then to my laptop, then to my PSP, then to my computer! NICE!

azntechguy

Reaction score
Just FYI, the filesize limit is 10 megs for free accounts!

BTW, this service is a godsend. It's very useful for me whenever I want to make a printout in the library and the library computers does not allow flash drives.

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
PSP-Heaven said:
So that is what this can be used for! I wqas wondering beyond my wits what this was useful for! No more transfering files to my PSP, then to my laptop, then to my PSP, then to my computer! NICE!
Haha that's what I used to do, I would transfer everything onto my Dell DJ and then onto my laptop, which I still may do for large files, but this is definitely useful for file transferage :).

masterchief3k

Reaction score
meh. there's a limit. i'll stick with LogMeIn and [Yahoo!]Briefcase, and my spacious iPod...soon to get an external disk..

masterchief3k

Reaction score
azntechguy said:
Just FYI, the filesize limit is 10 megs for free accounts!

BTW, this service is a godsend. It's very useful for me whenever I want to make a printout in the library and the library computers does not allow flash drives.

dude, same here. but there's a special comp that allows them. what school do you goto?? (i'd still just use a CD-RW or yahoo briefcase at all times.)

Status
Not open for further replies.