Ok, where do I start please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricwally

Reaction score
Hi Members

I just signed on today and would like to know where do I begin to create and upload my web page. This is a busy forum and I'd like to know where to start please. Yes I have some experience in HTML language as I have created a web site in the past.

Thank you for your patience.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Where did you register your domain name? whois.internic.net shows no such domain as electricwally.com and my DNS search shows nothing.

2. You can login to the cPanel at
http://boru.x10hosting.com:2082/ using your cPanel username and password.
and go to the FileManager and use the editor there to create/edit or upload pages.

3. You can also use FTP to upload files.

Last edited:

electricwally

Reaction score
Hi descalzo

I appreciate your reply. Thanks for the great links and tips.

I found the cPanel and I am going thru the tutorial. I keep forgetting that there are two sets of usernames and passwords. One set is for the cPanel and the other is for the Forum.

Thanks for helping. I am now logged into the cPanel (successfully).

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
But I repeat. Apparently you do not own electricwally.com (I just went to godaddy and they show it as available).
Whatever you upload to your account will not be available via electricwally.com until you do purchase it and point the DNS to x10's nameservers.

electricwally

Reaction score
Hi descalzo

Ok. Thank you. I just email x10 hosting support and informed them that my domain name is not electricwally.com but rather electricwally.x10hosting.com. I did not create my website as of yet. Nothing has been uploaded and it can't be uploaded if in fact they x10 has me registered as electricwally.com. My understanding is that my full web address should be electricwally.x10hosting.com

There was a mixup when I originally signed up for free hosting using their free url titled, electricwally.x10hosting.com.To correct the mixup they kindly emailed me and asked me what my domain name is. I supplied the wrong info. I assume they automatically added the extension x10hosting.com to my electricwally. I guess based on your search it does not exist. Apparently they have me down as electricwally.com

Thanks for catching that mistake. I'll let you know how it gets sorted out when support completes the fix.

electricwally

Reaction score
Hi Calistoy

Thanks for the advice. I went to account paned and did not see an area that allowed me to change my domain. Support kindly changed it for me prior to me receiving your response.

For future changes I would like to know how to accomplish this.

How do I change my domain in account panel please?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
When you login to the account panel at http://x10hosting.com/panel.php, you go on the 3rd tab on the right, labelled : "Modify Your Account". In there, you will have an option to edit an modify many account details.

electricwally

Reaction score
Hi xav

Thanks for helping. I already went account panel and then went to Modify Account. I did see the first box that allowed me to change the name of my Domain but let me explain what happened originally.

I mistakenly signed up under electricwally.com but in fact wanted free hosting and free domain to start with. Thus my domain should have been electricwally.x10hosting.com

I emailed support and they kindlysaid they changed it to "electricwally.x10hosting.com"

In account panel under "Modify Account" and in the first box it only reads, "electricwally"

Is this correct?

Thank you

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
According to the AIP system, your domain is now set to electricwally.x10hosting.com

electricwally

Reaction score
Okay thank you but I went to account panel->modify your account->main account domain insert box and the name "electricwally" is inserted in that box.Should I assume that the domain is electricwally.x10hosting.com OR should I delete "electricwally" and insert "electricwally.x10hosting.com"?

Thank you

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
There should be a checkbox use subdomain
It should be checked
Below that, a text box main account domain -, that should contain electricwally
Next to the text box should be a drop down list. That should be set to x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.