Okami

phnord

Reaction score
I did a search and found no post dedicated to Okami - which has embedded itself in my list as my favorite game of all time.

So I decided to start up a thread for it. Anyone here play it? I have the PS2 version, but have decided against going for the Wii version after hearing about numerous problems with the port. After all, from what I've seen I prefer the graphical style of the PS2 version and while the Wii controls have potential, I hear their pretty buggy.

Also, it was a pretty awful thing for them to cut the credits of the original developers out of the game. They claimed it was because they couldn't include the Clover icon that was apart of the movie for "legal reasons," but they could have redone the credits. The creators made a masterpiece, and they deserve credit for it.

Bloodshot

Reaction score
Okami is one of those games I intended to pick up but never got around to. Maybe this summer, after I beat several of the games I already have sitting on the shelf.

phnord

Reaction score
Looks cool in concept, but too bad the cover had the IGN watermark logo

Yeah, as I mentioned Capcom had Ready at Dawn do a really half-assed job in porting it to the Wii. I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't played it to hunt down a PS2 copy. While they're hard to find in stores, there are plenty on eBay and they go for cheaper than the Wii version, in addition to being of higher quality.

The main reason that the Wii version suffered is because you can't do a port of a game that is artistically crafted as Okami is without having full collaboration with the original team. I mean, they even cut the original team out of the credits. It's no wonder that they didn't really care about the quality of details such as the cover art not having an ign watermark...

But really, anyone who hasn't played this should find a copy ASAP. It takes a lot to convince me of a games' merits, and Okami is both impressive and innovative on all points - visuals, style, gameplay and plot.

furnaps

Reaction score
I too have watched videos of the game and reviews and I have not heard anything really bad about the controls they actually said that they worked quite well on the Wii..

If I had a console that I could play Okami on I would at least rent it because I really like the concept of the game and the brush thing is pretty neat. But I only have a Xbox 360 and a Pc and as far as I know there is not a version for either

okami200606150548287866tt7.png

kjprice

Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite games. However, I was in the middle of a respawn game (with the cheats I got from beating it the first time) and my brother broke my PS2. So, now I'm stuck in Okami withdrawal.:mad: