Old version of my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaram

Reaction score
Hi,
I know there is a server move and that it may affect the service for a little while. My web site is still under construction and I work on it night and week-end. Saturday was a very long and big day of work for me improving my site and adding to it, yesterday it was down and today... I'm back to last Thursday's version of my site. Everything went back to how it was before my changes. Plus... I had added tables and fields to my SQL database and now they are also back to last Thursday's version.

Now, it doesn't really matter as I'm used to work and always keep a safe backup, never placing all my faith into 1 server as crashes, bugs and stuff are to be expected. But my question is, is it safe for me to re-upload my files with the latest version, play with mySQL database again, or should I wait a bit in case there is a backup from saturday night or yesterday morning, that way I would avoid to redo the same work over and over.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have the copy of your account so I can copy it over again with your changes or you can update it. Right now it will not change again unless you want me to copy it over.

-Corey

Siaram

Reaction score
Thanks Corey, but I don't think it will be necessary for either one of us to update it as it seems that there is two versions of my website on the server right now.

If I use my domain address as it should be... with www. I cannot access my site, it always says connection error. I can log into my cpanel by adding :2082 to my domain and there all my files are the good ones, the latest version.

If I use my domain address without the www. in my domain, the page actually loads the old version of my site and if add :2082, I can access my cpanel but with my old files are showing.

Any ideas on how to make the good site work?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Please try flushing your DNS & restarting your modem/computer. Also clear your cache.

Siaram

Reaction score
Well... it does that on 3 different computers right now... in IE and FF but still... cleared cache, temp files and so on... rebooted, modem, rooter and computer still the same things.

How do I flush DNS?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
To flush your DNS Cache:

Go to start>run>Command.com (not sure where it is on vista, but this is for XP).
As the command, put in "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes.
The command will take a moment or two to run.

You should see something like this:

C:\DOCUME~1\LIVEWIRE>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\DOCUME~1\LIVEWIRE>

Done; DNS Cache should be cleared.

It doesn't sound like thats the problem though, it sounds like the move started before you modified the site, which from personal experience does result in missing data (the move seems to only move the old stuff, not the new). See if a mod/admin can re-copy the data off the old server, which with any luck still has the new stuff :)

Siaram

Reaction score
Thanks for those trying to help so far but it's still not working. I always get the same error message. I tried with a proxy server to log and I get this error.

The following error was encountered:
  • Connection to 70.87.51.250 Failed
The system returned:
(111) Connection refused The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
Edit:
When I am in my comtrol panel... it shows that Exim is offline. I got no idea what it is... could that be the problem?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to terminate the copy of it and RE-COPY the last updated one, is this okay with you? Any changes you have made yesterday and today will be gone.

Siaram

Reaction score
That's fine with me... :)

Also, there seems to be another problem... my domain is www.ibuzzz.net and there is always an error trying to see my site there. But if I use ibuzzz.net directly, it works. Today, I had access to control panel with www. and without it. But both had different version of cpanel, and the data was different also. When I log into ibuzzz.net:2082, it tells me that my domain is www.ibuzzz.net, ip adress, that I'm on cossacks server and that the share IP is 74.86.116.190. I had access earlier to the www.ibuzzz.net:2082 and it was telling me that I was on ciroc server and the shared IP was 70.... Don't remember the rest. Would it be possible that in the transfer, the name of my domain was corrupt or mispelled? Which would explain why I was never able to access my site from ibuzzz.net before the move?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It seems your problem should have been fixed, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.