OMG...all of you should read this!

Zdroyd

Reaction score
And?

Most people already know that live stock contributes to most of the methane (methane is a greenhouse gas.) in our atmosphere. Scientists have been researching how to slow their methane release for years.

This is not surprising or new in any ways, time to walk out of the cave my friend.

jdw999

Reaction score
In some parts of the world, it is considered being a good neighbor to stick a pocket knife in the side of a cow that is bloated after eating too much clover.

The moar you know! [tm]

zen-r

Reaction score
Hmm....this is old news.

Another good reason to promote vegetarianism!

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm....this is old news.

Another good reason to promote vegetarianism!

How do you figure? Vegetarianism means you eat the same stuff the cows eat - they're still tootin' away.

Being an Omnivore or a Carnivore means we're eating the thing that's doin' the tootin'. We're doing our part for the environment too, it's just a bit of a different perspective :)

zen-r

Reaction score
How do you figure? Vegetarianism means you eat the same stuff the cows eat - they're still tootin' away.

Being an Omnivore or a Carnivore means we're eating the thing that's doin' the tootin'. We're doing our part for the environment too, it's just a bit of a different perspective :)

Gee, I'm not sure if you're joking - you can't seriously be that ignorant!?

The cows are specifically produced in such huge numbers for the carnivores to eat. Less carnivores = less cows. Not only that, but huge areas of rainforest etc are regularly being felled in order to provide the grazing land - thus magnifying further the damage to the environment & removing trees which can absorb the harmful carbon dioxide.

Producing meat requires 10 times the amount of plant energy to be eaten by the animal as that which would need to be eaten if the human ate the plant life directly & cut out the animal. It is therefore extremely wasteful of both food & land resources to eat meat.

I could go on, but I expect this is all going over your head!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee, I'm not sure if you're joking - you can't seriously be that ignorant!?

The cows are specifically produced in such huge numbers for the carnivores to eat. Less carnivores = less cows. Not only that, but huge areas of rainforest etc are regularly being felled in order to provide the grazing land - thus magnifying further the damage to the environment & removing trees which can absorb the harmful carbon dioxide.

Producing meat requires 10 times the amount of plant energy to be eaten by the animal as that which would need to be eaten if the human ate the plant life directly & cut out the animal. It is therefore extremely wasteful of both food & land resources to eat meat.

I could go on, but I expect this is all going over your head!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

T'was joking, it's part of a Ron White skit :) Was hoping to break up the seriousness of the argument.

alex1011

Reaction score
This could possibly be a solution the the oil dilemma. Just strap a cow to the roof of your car and run a hose from its "output" to the engine.

thaob

Reaction score
And?

Most people already know that live stock contributes to most of the methane (methane is a greenhouse gas.) in our atmosphere. Scientists have been researching how to slow their methane release for years.

This is not surprising or new in any ways, time to walk out of the cave my friend.

well, I wish they figure out how to slow down methane release from some of my coworkers.

lair360

Reaction score
These tooties can be converted into fuel for cars. However, there is a high chance that....it might kill the engine!

hourumiyamoto

Reaction score
I say we just erradicate cows all together and eat buffalo instead..

I work security at a beef plant, cows are annoying, dumb, stupid little things.. and they fart more times in a day then an old grandfather with 10,000 children and a can of beans.

zen-r

Reaction score
...cows are annoying....

Annoyed by cows? Perhaps you should get out more?

I'd have thought it might be just slightly more annoying for the cows, who have to put up with you guys firing bolts through their heads.

vperlin

Reaction score
Interesting.
I was beaten to the coworker one though :)

Annoyed by cows? Perhaps you should get out more?

I'd have thought it might be just slightly more annoying for the cows, who have to put up with you guys firing bolts through their heads.

Cows are tasty. End of story! :D