OMG!! Why now

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowslash

Reaction score
At around 6:00pm GMT+8:00 awhile ago, my website has been down and so is my cPanel. It won't load. I'm in deep stress right now because my boss is now on his way to Malaysia (from here, the Philippines) to a client there. He's going to propose a system that I so happened to host at my x10hosting website. I showed the system to my boss and he was confident about it. Will the downtime be until this Monday? I don't want to make my boss look like a fool when he tries to show a blank non-loading website to the client at Malaysia. Please do verify if it will be back by Monday. That's the big day. O_O

BTW, I also checked http://status.x10hosting.com/ but it was last updated 5 days ago...

o.heretic45

Reaction score
I know, this is ridiculous. Even if its a free host, they should at least provide reliable hosting else its pointless. At the moment I hope I can at least get a back up of the site I had sometime soon in case I decide to move to another host...

Good luck for your buisness man...

shadowslash

Reaction score
I know, this is ridiculous. Even if its a free host, they should at least provide reliable hosting else its pointless. At the moment I hope I can at least get a back up of the site I had sometime soon in case I decide to move to another host...

Lol I'm so dead if this isn't back up before Monday... ~(-,-~)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol I'm so dead if this isn't back up before Monday... ~(-,-~)
Your account is on the Fris server which is currently experiencing some temporary difficulties. There have been many posts about this issue. We do not know exactly when the problem will be resolved but these types of problems are usually resolved quickly by staff.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is also on the Fris server.

shadowslash

Reaction score
Your account is on the Fris server which is currently experiencing some temporary difficulties. There have been many posts about this issue. We do not know exactly when the problem will be resolved but these types of problems are usually resolved quickly by staff.
Oh thank you so much for that info! It somehow removed some of my stress :eek:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
A quick note that I seem to have to endlessly repeat: you should NEVER use free hosting for any critical business websites on which the fate of a contract or business deal reides. Sure, you may save a few dollars a month by using free hosting, but you may then lose a thousand dollar contract if the site goes down. Perhaps you could even consider asking your boss if he would pay for it as a business expense.

shadowslash

Reaction score
A quick note that I seem to have to endlessly repeat: you should NEVER use free hosting for any critical business websites on which the fate of a contract or business deal reides. Sure, you may save a few dollars a month by using free hosting, but you may then lose a thousand dollar contract if the site goes down. Perhaps you could even consider asking your boss if he would pay for it as a business expense.
It's not a matter of month(s) but just a matter of days. It's only for show til Monday or Tuesday. That's why we settled for x10hosting as it seems that x10hosting is already back on its feet when they upgraded Fris...

centralian

Reaction score
I do hope for your sake that it is back by Monday but it has been down for a few days now and there is no update on when it will be rectified so if you have a backup of the files you may want to host them on another free host service in the interim and send the link to the new website to your boss. At least by doing this you would save your job.

manik

Reaction score
you should NEVER use free hosting for any critical business websites on which the fate of a contract or business deal reides. Sure, you may save a few dollars a month by using free hosting, but you may then lose a thousand dollar contract if the site goes down.

Well Said, but it does not justify the free hosting downtime. My site went down for a couple of weeks. That is really not good. I am no businessman still it hurts for missed e-mails and feels like being locked out.

To the starter of this thread; Take up a plan for a month from a reputed host. The costs are really cheap.

Regards,
Manik.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Couple of Weeks!! lol is that what we on absolute have to look foward too?
That answer did not come from x10Hosting staff or management.
The fact of the matter is that nobody can accurately predict exactly when this work will be completed and this is why nobody at x10Hosting is giving any estimate on when the work will be completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.