Online College

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you think about online college? Do you believe it's as credible as regular campuses?

Have you looked into it, such as its requirements, etc?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
What do you think about online college? Do you believe it's as credible as regular campuses?

Have you looked into it, such as its requirements, etc?

I've never looked at anything regarding online colleges, as I'm interested in going to an actual college in a building.

I don't really know anyone that does any online college programs, so I can't give any information about it either.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I also want to go to a campus. I've never looked into it either. I'm just interested to see if anybody here has completed a degree online.

maxmoda

Reaction score
I have been studing in a online college and is very good
they sent to me to final of curse the diploma

natrobius

Reaction score
I am in Kaplan University, and used to be in Uni of Pheonix. UoP is the worst possible place to go, and I would stay FAR FAR away from them. Kaplan however has a great online program and they aer very good when you need help.

I word to the wise however, as with ANY online college, NONE of your credits will probably transfer, dispite the BS that their enrollment officers tell you. So it's not a good idea if you want to go to a campus to finish up your education.

phazzedout

Reaction score
I recall being on an experiment of taking online high school courses. They still gave me the credits but the experiment was an epic fail. I think mostly because high school students are more motivated to get laid than actually graduate. While I took it, it was decent, I did not mind how it worked, I would go home everyday and spent 3 hours on it and finish two courses a semester. Took longer than just taking the regular courses but the online course relied mostly on reading then exercising, you do that 5 times then take a quiz. 4 quizzes then a test. The quizzes were buggy and you could go around them without even doing them. The test was not buggy and every movement you do is recorded. I guess to prevent cheating. The program was not accepted after two years but I say if they refine it people could actually learn from it. It would be great for computer programming I may add.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I recall being on an experiment of taking online high school courses. They still gave me the credits but the experiment was an epic fail. I think mostly because high school students are more motivated to get laid than actually graduate. While I took it, it was decent, I did not mind how it worked, I would go home everyday and spent 3 hours on it and finish two courses a semester. Took longer than just taking the regular courses but the online course relied mostly on reading then exercising, you do that 5 times then take a quiz. 4 quizzes then a test. The quizzes were buggy and you could go around them without even doing them. The test was not buggy and every movement you do is recorded. I guess to prevent cheating. The program was not accepted after two years but I say if they refine it people could actually learn from it. It would be great for computer programming I may add.

I'm registered for an online Economics and Government class at my high school for next semester. I'm glad you posted this, it sort of gives me an idea of what it might be like.

stesouthby

Reaction score
this is one thing i have never done just because i went to a building and because i get all my info i want to learn on the intenet plus books then put in for an exam :)

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I'm currently working on an online bachelors degree through Grantham University. It's my second bachelors degree, so it's given me a good chance to compare the two methods.

The first thing to consider is accredidation. Online colleges still need to be accredided in order for other institutions to recognize their credits. Anyone interested in online classes should check to make sure that it is accredided and by a valid accrediting association. The second issue is whether or not the student can self-motivate. With online classes there's no one looking over your shoulder to tell you to get your work done and when. The last problem is whether or not you can easily understand topics without being able to ask questions. You can always email your instructor, but you might not get a response in time to turn in the assignment. With some subjects and some students it's just better to have a teacher physically present to ask questions and get clarification.