Online or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capcomx1

Reaction score
Ok, according to the status page (http://status.x10hosting.com/), it says: "RESOLVED 04/16/12 1:38 PM CST All servers should be back online now."

Yet, In the News/Announcements section (
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/179045-support-tickets.html)
where they added a post there with more info, they haven't updated to reflect that the issues are resolved.

So I'm looking to see if anyone on Starka is 100% good to go, or if people are still having issues (specifically issues with email). If they are still working on it, I definitely don't want to submit a ticket, but if I'm the only one with the issue, then I might need to. However, I know it takes time for things to propagate through the net, so it could just be I need to be patient a little longer. Anyway, that's why I'm checking here first - anyone else still having email issues, or are you good to go?

sarah.b.morley87

Reaction score
My website on Starka is up and working except for FTP, but that just makes it a pain for me, not my viewers. At first e-mail wasn't working, but now it is.

mypeel

Reaction score
My site is back up on starka. FTP is still having issues though, for which I filed a support ticket. As for email, I use gmail through SMTP, which should be working fine. I'm guessing your email goes through starka, for which I don't know.

mypeel

Reaction score
Okay, it's down again on Starka!

=====

Wait, no it's fine.

Last edited:

capcomx1

Reaction score
The top post is on the Free Server Maintenance, and it doesn't say done/resolved yet, so I'm going to assume it's still a work in progress. Also, from the above and another post (http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/179127-email-weirdness.html) it looks like I'm not the only one.

I can send fine now via smtp, just can't receive. I can get into cPanel, access the email accounts, but Horde & Roundcube give me DB errors - SquirrelMail doesn't (but of course no mail is getting in anyway). Gmail checks the account via POP3 and doesn't come up with any errors. So I'm going to hazard a guess that SMTP and POP3 work fine - the issue is essentially that starka can't receive emails. But it looks like they're still working on it, so Free Service = Patient Me. I included the error message below for when attempting to send to my account on starka.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-mail-iy0-f170.google.com [209.85.210.170] is currently not permitted to 550-relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap 550-server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on 550 in your email client. (state 14).

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
CAPCOM just be aware- I THOUGHT I could send emails as they were apperaing in my 'sent' box - but they are not being received at the other end. You must have the exact same config on x10 as me as we are experiencing exaclty the same problems. I hopefully checked webmail too! No email since last Thursday - it's really becomig a problem now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.