Only 1998 Files In One Folder!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaxson

Reaction score
I am upset with having all the files I uploaded, about 3000 images and 3000 flash files all getting deleted because only 1998 file can be put in one folder. This is very upsetting. I then uploaded one file and checked if it was there, it wasn't. After selecting all the files in one folder, there were 1998 files and in my images folder there were 1998 files. I come to the conclusion that only 1998 files are allowed in one folder and the rest are deleted.

Is there anything you can do about this. I'm trying to make a very large site and have a CORPORATE AD HOSTING ACCOUNT for it. With this limit I cannot fully make my site....can you take out the limit?

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
You could try zipping all your content, upload the zip through the filemanager and unzip on the server in a few seconds if that's what you mean. I really didn't like your last sentence; if you don't like x10, leave! It's as simple as that but trust me. You won't find a host as good as this for free!

Last edited:

jmaxson

Reaction score
its about 2.4 gigs...yea

I uploaded all the files through FTP...didn't work, I doubt unzipping will work...it'll take a very long time to upload that....

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you need to learn how to ask for help. Just from your rude post I really don't want to help you.

There is a limitation with FTP displaying more than 1998 files. They are there, you just can't list them with FTP.

root@vox [/home/jmaxson/public_html/swf]# ls|wc -l

There are 3,840 files in your swf folder.

-Corey

jmaxson

Reaction score
the last sentence is there so that you guy'll will do something about it...

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
the last sentence is there so that you guy'll will do something about it...

Corey states :

There is a limitation with FTP displaying more than 1998 files. They are there, you just can't list them with FTP.

I don't think there really is much that can be done. Its a function in FTP that is there.

jmaxson

Reaction score
so the files are there, but I can't see them....should I get another FTP, I'm using CoreFTP

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Another FTP client will not fix the problem.
It is just how ftp is.

Use the cPanel file manager to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.