Only 2 MySQL Databases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shultznet

Reaction score
Hello,

Why do we only get 2 MySQL databases for the free hosting? I've got forums and a Mantis up, all I need now is the Live Support , but I can't do that because I've only got 2 databases, and I've already used "all" two of them... Is there a possibility of adding one or two more databases for free?

Thanks,
Shultznet

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Not for free no, although most software supports the use of Table Prefixes, which would allow you to install more than 1 piece of software into the same database (for instance, wordpress defaults to the "wp_" table prefix, which means it won't conflict with SMF, which could use the table prefix "smf_").

shultznet

Reaction score
I know, but I'm trying to install the "Open Web Messenger" from Softaculous, and it won't let me use the same DB.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Okay, so I've found the script on a website, now my problem is that I've installed Mantis via Softaculous, but now I have no clue what the p/w is so I can't change it, and if I delete it I'll loose all the data... And the other DB is for the forums, so I'm basically ****ed eh?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Mantis and your forum should both have config/settings files that will have the database, dbuser, and passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.