• 2 - poor

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 1 - horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tittat

Reaction score
Is looks nice.
But i think red is not a friendly color for human eyes.Red is painful for my eyes.Try to concentrate on some cool colors.

allinone

Reaction score
its looking good.....but if u would use som e dark background instead of white then it will look better coz red with white background is not looking good. always go for light front and dark background

xmakina

Reaction score
The red is brutal on the eyes. A little bit of red is good in any website as it grabs the attention but so much is just awful. Alternating between striped and faded is also a little harsh and makes the experience that bit more unpleasant. Also, your fixed layout meant viewing the page in a window I had a lot of padding to the left and had to scroll horizontally to view the complete page.

In short, I did *not* want to stay on your site longer than needed.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
Is looks nice.
But i think red is not a friendly color for human eyes.Red is painful for my eyes.Try to concentrate on some cool colors.

what colors would you suggest?

xmakina said:
Also, your fixed layout meant viewing the page in a window I had a lot of padding to the left and had to scroll horizontally to view the complete page.

xmakina, what is your resolution? i have not seen problems on 1024x768 or 1280x1024.

edit:
i've made some changes, what do you guys think now?

Last edited:

omoney

Reaction score
I agree with tittat there is too much red. I suggest green because black/grey and green go well together but I am a little bias. Black and Green is my favorite color combination for a website :)

xmakina

Reaction score
Getting a connection refused error right now.

Also - my res is 1280*1024

bookworm99

Reaction score
It's quite nice, but you should make sure it centers itself on the page in all browsers - in IE 6 (the only browser avaliable to me on this computer, sadly) it is not centered. You may want to consider fixing this. Also, some of the text 'leaks' over the curved borders of the site, at the bottom.

Otherwise, it looks quite nice. Did you make this yourself?

kbjradmin

Reaction score
yes, i did make it myself. i haven't done much styling for IE yet. i am working on the centered thing now.

(edit: i fixed the centered thing in FF and IE)

thanks for the feedback, everyone!

anymore?

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
6.5/10

I like the way the page is organized, I just don't like being "attacked" by all the red gradients. Maybe instead of the wild red, use either a flat or glossy texture wit a more neutral-colored background instead (grey, black) :)

Good luck!

bookworm99

Reaction score
Thanks for fixing. I still think it looks good; but bear in mind that as scottbu said red is a very 'attacking', not-eye-friendly color :)

Sohail

Reaction score
I think the red is okay... But the colour goes way too bright, do you understand what i mean? I think you should add another on or two colours to the scheme too, otherwise the layout looks quite good.

tridge

Reaction score
I would give it 7/10 based on the beta thing...and I love the layout as it is, I'm wondering though if the left and right red border is going to be filled with content or not? I think it may be a waste of space if it is left empty.

byite

Reaction score
As the people before me said - the red is a bit dominating, but I like the patterning in the background - black/grey alternating stripes - and I like how your buttons look when the mouse hovers over them. The template layout is well designed, I just think you should use paler colours.

Dan

Reaction score
5/10
Get rid of the red. Maybe dark blues/dark greys.
Also, there are too many gradients for my liking...
I would say get rid of the 2 side bits.
When it actually has other colour, pictures and content etc. it will probably look better.

xPlozion

Reaction score
too many gradients as others have said, and it doesn't really seem to blend well. the background looks bad too. it's too distractive. try different colors. You will know when you strike gold ;)

kbjradmin

Reaction score
i cannot do it right now (on account of the fact that i'm supposed to be writing a paper), but i will work on fixing the 'red' thing that everyone (and i mean everyone) has commented on.

thanks for the advice, everyone!
anymore?
Edit:
what do you guys think about blue?
http://kbjr.x10hosting.com/templates/base/blue/

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
It's still far too bold. And still too many gradients. Stop the stripy background, make it a much lighter blue and make the gradients match (all fading in or out as they get lower down the page)